NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He turned to complain and the ball bounced right back to him and he wasn’t ready. For as awful as Boston was…they are right in this if they come out in the 3rd like last game. GS has squandered a ton of easy opportunities with some horrible Draymond passes and missed bunnies. Could have been 20-25

It's just so frustrating. Where is the rookie Tatum that dunked on LeBron's head in Game 7 of the ECF's and then talked trash to him?

I still maintain he's not getting some calls, but he's also been incredibly weak and soft going to the basket. That play was a microcosm. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t have a favorite in this matchup. But I’ll say this. I don’t know to root for a Boston comeback for a game 7 or to be put out of my misery of watching them dribble the ball off their foot one more game. I know Boston has a couple more runs in them. If they comeback could GS feel defeated after not putting them away?

If having a game 7 means we get to watch both teams play their best ball for 48 minutes then I'm all for it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's just so frustrating. Where is the rookie Tatum that dunked on LeBron's head in Game 7 of the ECF's and then talked trash to him?

I still maintain he's not getting some calls, but he's also been incredibly weak and soft going to the basket. That play was a microcosm. 

Look…all I was saying about not superstar was that he has the tools…he just has some growth left for that next step. I though he was taking that leap but he just didn’t quite make it. He is absolutely going to no doubt though. Just not in these finals it looks. You can’t get out played by your own matchup (Wiggins) or to an even matchup and be on that superstar level. I hope you don’t think I’m taking an unfair shot at him because I’ve been wowed by him pretty much since January after I called him and Brown out. What he did to KD was crazy…just not sure he is all the way there though.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Series was over when the Celtics lost home-court advantage.  

I just don’t think this game is over. GS has missed a ton of opportunities to extend the lead and with each basket Celtics getting confidence and momentum

Edited by dgambill