NBA Thread

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The host of the draft is so annoying.

I thought the whole draft show was "annoying."  Clamoring over Title IX and the women.  Stephen A. constantly whining about his Knicks.  The babe doing the couch interviews couldn't get names right.  I thought it sucked for the most part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I thought the whole draft show was "annoying."  Clamoring over Title IX and the women.  Stephen A. constantly whining about his Knicks.  The babe doing the couch interviews couldn't get names right.  I thought it sucked for the most part.

Didn't watch the one with Stephen A bit the one in ESPN 

4 hours ago, rico said:

That’s why I watched the one on ESPN. The worst part about that one was Bilas with his awful player comps. 

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s why I watched the one on ESPN. The worst part about that one was Bilas with his awful player comps. 

I thought Perkins was the one doing the players comps.  The host after every pick kept asking about the best available to Bilas and I thought it is the same as the last time you asked that.

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Look at Juwan Morgan as an example. While he stayed at IU 4 years, that's not really relevant to what I'm about to say, his situation could be that of any player who left early and was undrafted. 

With that said, Morgan went undrafted but has gone on to play in parts of 3 NBA seasons, has started in the playoffs for Utah, and while on a 2-Way contract this year was on the Celtics active roster during the playoffs/NBA Finals. 

Add to it, his estimated career earnings so far is just shy of $2.5M

That's amazing to be honest.  To be sure, he was a good college player, but I have to think that this was little more than a pipe dream when he first came to IU.  I honestly didn't peg him as an NBA player when he LEFT IU.

Good for Juwan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He may very well be close... He has deals with Merchant’s Bank of Indiana, Pennzoil and, through the Hoosiers For Good NIL.

You still need to get over it... 

I honestly believe this Purdue poster means no harm and is more fair-minded about IU than most of us (self included) are about Turdue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's amazing to be honest.  To be sure, he was a good college player, but I have to think that this was little more than a pipe dream when he first came to IU.  I honestly didn't peg him as an NBA player when he LEFT IU.

Good for Juwan.

Agree. Pretty sure I posted during his senior year that I'd be shocked if he ever played a minute in the NBA. Kudos to him! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Pretty sure I posted during his senior year that I'd be shocked if he ever played a minute in the NBA. Kudos to him! 

Just think how many years a typical college grad would have to work to gross $2.5 million...

Hard to fault kids for chasing their dreams when you see stories like this.  I'm just hopeful that they build finishing their college degrees into their financial plan if they don't quite reach those NBA millions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I thought Perkins was the one doing the players comps.  The host after every pick kept asking about the best available to Bilas and I thought it is the same as the last time you asked that.

They both did some. Bilas did some as well. Bilas just annoys me and his best available list wasn’t the greatest either because he let his Duke bias show big time. 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Kyrie about to take a $30 mil pay cut to join Lebron and the Lakers.  

Give me Durant on the Grizzlies.  Ja/Durant/JJJ vs Steph/Klay/Green in the playoffs next year.  

Wow, he is going to take the taxpayer mid-level exception of $6M?  I guess somebody had to make a move to make the deal work because the Lakers don't have enough assets to trade.  It's a funny marriage if it happens.  It's the "if we turn 40 and we aren't married by then, you and I get married" kind of deal.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, rico said:

I wouldn't say he was the guy I wanted but rather hoped we would end up with him.  If that makes any sense.  

I like him too.

Stone cold killer….probably doesn’t hurt he reminds me of Vic…might be why I like him. https://youtu.be/1trHkNl0dps

Not sure why it won’t embed but it’s worth the click trust me.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Kyrie about to take a $30 mil pay cut to join Lebron and the Lakers.  

Give me Durant on the Grizzlies.  Ja/Durant/JJJ vs Steph/Klay/Green in the playoffs next year.  

JJJ would have to be involved in the trade along with Zaire Williams and probably a bunch of other picks and players. I think you would try to hold on to Bane to have another shooter…it would gut your team likely. Problem is doubt KD is wanting to go to a non coastal team. Like the Pelicans would be a perfect fit. Could easily center a trade around Zion and then have McCollum, Ingram, and KD but I know he wouldn’t go there. Boston makes sense with Brown and picks. Could Washington move enough picks and young pieces to pair him up with Beal? To me Phoenix is the logical fit. Ayton plus Bridges for KD. Paul window is closing fast and him and KD plus Booker and Johnson would be a nice core for a couple years.

I already love what Houston added in the draft but with what is happening in Brooklyn they are about to hit the lottery jackpot…KD and Kyrie bolt and Brooklyn is going to suck. Similar to the Boston situation with them. Twice they been burned by big three. Green, Jabari Smith, Eason, Wendall Moore plus a ton of cap space once Wall is gone plus all those Brooklyn picks. Locked and loaded. Wish Pacers could be that lucky.