NBA Thread

Pacers lost due to a lack of effort and energy.  Yes last play should have been an offensive foul, however they should have never been in that situation.  Pacers might need to start alerting the panic button for Tyreke.  I would rather take the chances and give Holiday some of Evans minutes.  Until Evans starts hitting better than 28% of his shots and playing like he like basketball, I'll pass.  I am a fan of Tyreke but he has fallen off the face of the earth. 

I didn’t watch the game, but read that VO shot 4-15 and was a big reason for lack of ball movement in the first half.  I’ve seen other posters on here state that the Pacers are very good when VO isn’t looking to get his and lets the game come to him.  For those of you who watched, did you see this as an issue last night?

8 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I didn’t watch the game, but read that VO shot 4-15 and was a big reason for lack of ball movement in the first half.  I’ve seen other posters on here state that the Pacers are very good when VO isn’t looking to get his and lets the game come to him.  For those of you who watched, did you see this as an issue last night?

I didn't really notice Vic forcing a lot of shots.  There were a few that were forced, however only Myles and Sabonis shot over 50% for the game.  Vic did have 5 assists, only two points going into half I believe.  I would have liked to see Vic and Myles run the PnR a little more in the second half. 

^^ In fairness to Vic, he's getting his legs back under him and shedding the rust after missing multiple games to get his knee right. P's do play better overall when they balance the O, but they've been doing a really good job of that coming into last night's lackluster game. Kind of a trap game too, hard to get up for a team like the Cavs while on a 7 game winning streak. 

P's are the 3rd best team in the East right now, imo, if not the 2nd. Boston and the Bucks are right there. If Vic stays healthy, should be a really good Eastern C playoffs. P's depth looks great.

24 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Vic basically wasn't there in the first half. He racked up a handful of assists, but he only had 2-4 points at halftime. Nobody shot the ball well. Turner and Thad played well. It was like the entire team was sleepwalking.

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pacers just got screwed for the second time in two days. Crazy. Completely avoidable by not sucking, but still crazy. 

Agree, the missed call last night was horrible, even the Raptors bench reactions told the story.  They shouldn't of been in that situation to begin with, however the refs truly cost the team a chance at overtime.  IMO Vic really hurt us in the last minute of that game.  I have about 1% left of hope for Tyreke.  PLAY AARON HOLIDAY INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!

Myles was a blocking machine last night, so that was a plus!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pacers just got screwed for the second time in two days. Crazy. Completely avoidable by not sucking, but still crazy. 

The offense the last 5 minutes was horrible because all it was give it to VO at the top and let him go one on one.  The Pacers are at its best when they move the ball and get everyone involved liked they did in the first 3 quarters.

• Like 2

I agree. Although I will say that the refs really screwed the pooch in the fourth quarter. Like honest blatant fouls like holding on Green everytime Vic tried to drive and no foul called. I do agree though we need to keep the ball moving. The Pacers though aren't getting any respect from the refs this year like other teams are. We had a 17 point lead and was still trying to do the same thing that got us that lead and all of a sudden the foul calls stopped and the Pacers weren't allowed to drive the paint cause of holding and or people trying to strip the ball etc. Now I am not saying that the 23 turnovers aren't what killed them cause it was. Most of those turnovers were unforced which is what was the ultimate doom.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think VO needs to change the way he plays that will allow everyone to stay involved in the game especially at the end of the game.  So far this year I feel like the team has played way better without VO and has been more entertaining to watch

I know you aren't big on analytics and prefer to go with how you feel, but the Pacers are not way better without Vic. I'm sure you'll disagree with the numbers though. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I know you aren't big on analytics and  prefer to go with how you feel, but the Pacers are not way better without Vic. I'm sure you'll disagree with the numbers though. 

Only numbers I care about is the W/L record and the kind of game I enjoy watching.  I just can't stand watching basketball the way the last 5 minutes was played with VO last night.  I want to see player movement and ball movement and you saw none the last 5 minutes.  I just don't want to see the ball in VO hands dribbling the shot clock away and go one on one with 5 seconds on the shot clock.  When VO was out they spread the floor and had players move and the ball moved to the open man.

One other thing I ever said they were better without him but they have played better this year without him this year than they had with him in the lineup.

Edited by IU Scott

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Only numbers I care about is the W/L record and the kind of game I enjoy watching.  I just can't stand watching basketball the way the last 5 minutes was played with VO last night.  I want to see player movement and ball movement and you saw none the last 5 minutes.  I just don't want to see the ball in VO hands dribbling the shot clock away and go one on one with 5 seconds on the shot clock.  When VO was out they spread the floor and had players move and the ball moved to the open man.

One other thing I ever said they were better without him but they have played better this year without him this year than they had with him in the lineup.

The only number you care about happens to completely disagree with your point that the Pacers. 

So they aren't better without him in your mind, they just play better? What does that even mean? 

So what is the top team in the East, and how would you guys rank 1-5?

At least for me, Toronto with Kawhi is a step above everyone in the East, at least right now. This could be the year Toronto makes it out of the East, courtesy, largely, of Kawhi.

Teams 2-5?

Bucks are legit, and the W over Boston was convincing, but Boston was again kind of shorthanded.

Boston has not played as the best team in the East, but is it? Can't say they've earned that recognition, but they're loaded on talent and still seem to be figuring it out. Have to say Hayward has not made the impact, at least yet, that was expected. Irving is a special player with the ball, but is he making Boston better?

Philly is good, but top 3 good? hmm.

Pacers are deep, very much in the mix, but they're also seemingly still figuring things out with Vic, and Vic has had the knee issues and probably doesn't have his legs fully back under him yet. They've had some interesting bad ref'ing, but they've also lost games because of bad ball movement and shot-sharing.

I think I'd go

2. Bucks

3. Pacers

4. Boston

5. Philly

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

So what is the top team in the East, and how would you guys rank 1-5?

At least for me, Toronto with Kawhi is a step above everyone in the East, at least right now. This could be the year Toronto makes it out of the East, courtesy, largely, of Kawhi.

Teams 2-5?

Bucks are legit, and the W over Boston was convincing, but Boston was again kind of shorthanded.

Boston has not played as the best team in the East, but is it? Can't say they've earned that recognition, but they're loaded on talent and still seem to be figuring it out. Have to say Hayward has not made the impact, at least yet, that was expected. Irving is a special player with the ball, but is he making Boston better?

Philly is good, but top 3 good? hmm.

Pacers are deep, very much in the mix, but they're also seemingly still figuring things out with Vic, and Vic has had the knee issues and probably doesn't have his legs fully back under him yet. They've had some interesting bad ref'ing, but they've also lost games because of bad ball movement and shot-sharing.

I think I'd go

2. Bucks

3. Pacers

4. Boston

5. Philly

Power ranking I go 

Toronto 

2-4 tie bucks pacers 76ers, minus the 2 game skid pacers would be solid 2.  

5 Celtics. Obviously not far behind.  They have chemistry issues though.  Maybe it is kyrie.   

Hard to predict seeding but come playoff time, hard to discount the showing the pacers had last year.  I'll still go ronto, then Celts,  then pacers, 2 way 4 and 5 with bucks and 76ers.   

• Like 1