Marco Killingsworth Comments Yesterday

2 hours ago, rico said:

My kids in the pool.........

"Marco"....."Polo"........"Marco"...."Polo"...."Marco"........."Polo"...

Don't much care for the name of Marco.

You gotta admit, Killingsworth is pretty BA though. 

No swimming this time of year, it is ice fishing time and I haven't even been out yet.

Could a young Killingsworth have been the difference in a 2002 National Championship game that saw Indiana struggle to get rebounds against bruising Maryland big men Lonny Baxter and Chris Wilcox? 

That's being a bigger tease than my 9th grade girlfriend. 

2 hours ago, BDB said:

You gotta admit, Killingsworth is pretty BA though. 

No swimming this time of year, it is ice fishing time and I haven't even been out yet.

Oh yeah, wish he would have spent his entire career here.

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Couldn't help myself!!! We got crushed on the boards in that game -- although I must admit I have never rewatched it.  Cannot bring myself to do it.

Bigger problem was Juan Dixon. Hit two huge shots right after we had pulled close in the second half, with Dane all over him, and MD kinda cruised from there. Don't bother watching it again. It's really not a very good basketball game overall.  

9 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Bigger problem was Juan Dixon. Hit two huge shots right after we had pulled close in the second half, with Dane all over him, and MD kinda cruised from there. Don't bother watching it again. It's really not a very good basketball game overall.  

That's my recollection from watching it once. Neither team played a game worthy of a national championship...just ugly basketball. IU looked a lot better getting there.

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's my recollection from watching it once. Neither team played a game worthy of a national championship...just ugly basketball. IU looked a lot better getting there.

Thought we had that game, too. Same pattern we had used a lot on that tournament - get down early, then take over early in the second half and then ride that wave to the end. Everything was the same until Dixon hit those 2 shots. 

9 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

Thought we had that game, too. Same pattern we had used a lot on that tournament - get down early, then take over early in the second half and then ride that wave to the end. Everything was the same until Dixon hit those 2 shots. 

Yep. 17 seasons later I can still see myself asking everyone at our table at the Ale Emporium (Indy Bar) to switch  up seats at half. Drink with opposite hand,etc...anything to change the mojo and it worked for awhile. Like you and others said until those Dixon shots. People always forget that Maryland team had 4 NBA players on it. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. 17 seasons later I can still see myself asking everyone at our table at the Ale Emporium (Indy Bar) to switch  up seats at half. Drink with opposite hand,etc...anything to change the mojo and it worked for awhile. Like you and others said until those Dixon shots. People always forget that Maryland team had 4 NBA players on it. 

Yeah, that was an excellent team Gary had - nice mix of 4 year guys like Dixon and Baxter, and young athletes like Wilcox. Didn't mind losing to that team, because they had a bunch of guys who were easy to like, and Dixon's story was pretty incredible - both parents were heroin addicts and died of AIDS before he was out of high school. I also really liked Gary - that OSU team that beat us for the Big Ten title in 1990 were his guys.

Archived