Lack of VOCAL Leadership

Excellent article that I agree with 100%. In a position of leadersleadership you do have to lead to a point through example, because no one is going to respond to someone whose work ethic is in question. But when it comes to accountability, it has to be related through communication.

Archie's is trying to do the same thing Izzo has done. Give your upper classmen responsibility for leadership and accountability. 

As far as next year goes, I have zero doubts about De'ron and how he will embrace it. Heck, he has THIS year. D Green, I can only hope...

25 minutes ago, rico said:

Phin would be my next choice.  

I think there is a lot of validity in that choice. Having a pg who is also a leader of the team makes a lot of sense to me. As a freshman, I think Rob deferred quite a bit to the older players. As he gets more experienced, I think he has it within himself to take over.

Look at the two Michigan teams and how they perform under the leadership of their upperclassmen point guards as case in point.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I think there is a lot of validity in that choice. Having a pg who is also a leader of the team makes a lot of sense to me. As a freshman, I think Rob deferred quite a bit to the older players. As he gets more experienced, I think he has it within himself to take over.

Look at the two Michigan teams and how they perform under the leadership of their upperclassmen point guards as case in point.

That is what I was looking at as well.  The "floor general" needs to be the guy.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Phin would be my next choice.  

Yes, that would be ideal. He seems like a quiet kid in interviews, but he does have an interesting edge in his answers. Hoping he has the gear to step up and say something when it's needed as he continues to mature in Archie's system.

Archived