Michigan State Postgame Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Aarman Franklin was there and was wearing gray hoodie. Also Harland Beverly.  Way to go Junior Class. I have been harder on them than most, but congrats to them, what a difference it makes when they are “engaged “

Good game to show off the energy in the building...so were there anyone else visiting? I’d love to know who got to experience Indiana basketball.

37 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Green to Smith alley oop made me chuckle - considering who involved. 

The team seemed to have fun today again. Haven’t seen that in a while. 

Chemistry seems to have worked itself out. These past several games have IU playing like they did rolling to 12-2. Great to see the team pull it together, and in a big way.

18 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah, but we're not a blue blood! 

Uh oh Lol You made the statement that I never ignore .We're not Elite.

What IU has done STILL measures among the very best all time. From win totals.,to Championships, to edges in head to head rivalries.Yes titles still count and 13 programs collectively top Indiana by 1 NC...B1G 6- IU- 5 ...It is a status comprised of layers of top shelf history greater than any current sum of any moment.And also greater than the sum of many others all time.When the collective of what IU has ever done becomes also ran then it might no longer be a blueblood.At Blueblood programs very good coaches can do good things and pale in comparison to those before them.Many question why IU and it's fans remained unsatisfied with mediocrity, but the real questions are why is so much history uneclipsed yet dismissed away? Also, why would anyone else expect a program's standards to be lowered when so few have ever set standards to begin with.Indiana is not Elite.Indiana is a Blueblood.

Elite is being rich ..Blueblood is a wealth of old money tradition and respect that encompases all history until eclipsed by many.I U is even still the envy of every final team to take it's first loss every season.Nobody in the Power 5 B1G ever passed Indiana historically. Bluebloods have done more than mere Elite for generations.How I see it anyway.

The hiring decisions were once very questionable at best.So that is what I will chalk it up to and the story is still unfinished on this coach who I really like at IU.Miller just needs "that one team" to give IU a chance to reaffirm itself into both arguments.Elite may become obsolete but Bluebloods must be beat.All time.

23 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

One other thing, recognition that we had a foul to give by RP was clutch at the end.  He had a really good defensive sequence on those last 30 seconds.

All day long. I was texting/posting anyone we had a foul to give. Had same scenario vs that other team. We're learning. 

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Also so very nice not to have to listen to Dum Dickitch I mean Dan Dakich suck up to Izzo and cry about us getting all the calls.

Well he was doing the Purdue game and sais he just doesn't understand why top recruits wouldn't want to go to Purdue because they have everything a recruit could want.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Illinois stormed the court against Penn St. once. Don't bring that crap here today. Haha

Yeah, we don't want to be compared to Illinois. But, I don't really care if the students storm the court. I get why some older fans might be scratching their heads, but the students also deserve to have some fun, especially after a huge win like this. Hell, they should storm the court just to celebrate having Rob Phinesee running the point for 4 years.

4 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yeah, we don't want to be compared to Illinois. But, I don't really care if the students storm the court. I get why some older fans might be scratching their heads, but the students also deserve to have some fun, especially after a huge win like this. Hell, they should storm the court just to celebrate having Rob Phinesee running the point for 4 years.

Thing was Illinois nor Penn St were rated. Kind of a difference. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

God what a whinney little biyach. 

Seriously the things he says. "He played so many minutes for who he is..." "had one of his worst games" throwing his player under the bus. I'm sorry, Izzo is a putz.

I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Just disgusting.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well he was doing the Purdue game and sais he just doesn't understand why top recruits wouldn't want to go to Purdue because they have everything a recruit could want.

A dreary boring campus....wait never mind I’m not going to go there. I’m going to stay positive. Recruits know why they don’t go there...and we all do too.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Izzo has now replaced Bruce Weber as the whiniest little bitch in hoops. IU has been playing with 3 bullets in the 6 shooter all year and you say that? 

Yeah...we lost a starter in Hunter, Davis has never been healthy, and Rob is just now getting comfortable again and Race just now came back. McRoberts has the back of a 70 year old, Michigan st just about ripped juwans arm out of socket, Romeo had a wrap on his shooting wrist and Al has his shooting hand taped...but Michigan st is the only one with injuries.

Archived