Michigan State Postgame Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...we lost a starter in Hunter, Davis has never been healthy, and Rob is just now getting comfortable again and Race just now came back. McRoberts has the back of a 70 year old, Michigan st just about ripped juwans arm out of socket, Romeo had a wrap on his shooting wrist and Al has his shooting hand taped...but Michigan st is the only one with injuries.

Amen. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Izzo has now replaced Bruce Weber as the whiniest little bitch in hoops. IU has been playing with 3 bullets in the 6 shooter all year and you say that? 

Exactly. Just watched him. Said "they ran out of gas" and are "flat out worn out" Complaining about his thin bench and how he's "sick of having to deal with injuries". Said "I guess you have to give Indiana credit"  Didn't even know Smiths name. Think he does now! Said MSU "deserved to win" I think the loss really hit him hard.  

I know I'm just repeating what so many have already said, but what an iconic defensive possession for Rob. Completely shut down the conference player of the year on the very last possession and made him take a terrible shot allowing us to preserve the lead/win. Justin and Devonte deserve the brunt of the praise today, but Rob locking up Cassius is what I will replay on Youtube a million times when I go back to this game.

Name a better 14 loss team in the country :)

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

He has like 8 FFs.  I'll take that fraud anytime assuming we're not enabling rapists.

Which makes him a bigger fraud. Has 7 F4's and he talks like that? If you've been there you never sound like that. Weber yes. Izzo? Never. 

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I know I'm just repeating what so many have already said, but what an iconic defensive possession for Rob. Completely shut down the conference player of the year on the very last possession and made him take a terrible shot allowing us to preserve the lead. Justin and Devonte deserve the brunt of the praise today, but Rob locking up Cassius is what I will replay on Youtube a million times when I go back to this game.

Name a better 14 loss team in the country :)

Milwaukee Bucks only have 14 losses. Just guessing. haha

50 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

There's not a lot of Devonte and Justin Smith fans in this thread so I"m not surprised it's quiet.

Well done boys! We're not dead yet!

You really think there in an iU fan here that is thinking "I am glad we won, but I am not gonna post because Devonte and Justin lead the way, I will just go ice fishing instead?"

Come on now.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Also so very nice not to have to listen to Dum Dickitch I mean Dan Dakich suck up to Izzo and cry about us getting all the calls.

For me, not having to listen to Dakich was almost as nice as winning the game.  Not quite, but a lot closer than it should be.

So proud of our team. SO !!&$%ing proud of this team. I thought our defensive effort was so good throughout the game especially Rob at the very end. This team is really starting to fight and I think a lot of teams are silently hoping we somehow don't make the tournament because this feels like a squad NOBODY wants to play if we keep things up. It might have taken 20+ games, but I think the team is really starting to gel. 

Awesome, awesome win. Like everyone else, big congrats to Smith and Green, they were fantastic today. I hope Smith’s shooting today was a confidence builder and not an aberration. It changes the entire offfense to have someone in that spot that can knock down open 3’s  

It’s crazy because Winston was great all game and basically controlled things with 20 points and 11assists, but even when he was dominating things I still thought Phinisee was playing phenomenal defense. Winston is a really, really good player, and even when he was 8-for-10 at one point, Phinisee was really making him work. Phinisee is such a good defender, and I’m so excited to watch this kid develop. 

The Illinois game is going to be really tough, especially on the road, but I’m just glad we made Izzo cry and get to keep being excited about the next game. 

38 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You really think there in an iU fan here that is thinking "I am glad we won, but I am not gonna post because Devonte and Justin lead the way, I will just go ice fishing instead?"

Come on now.

I think there’s an area somewhere between your post and mine. 

In fact most of the anti smith posts come from those in red if memory serves.

Two milehi game balls after the sweep of Michigan State.

1. To Izzo.  For his magnificent game plan of laying off of Smith, and telling his players not to worry about trey's from Justin.  Thank you, Tom.  WIth out a game plan like that, IU would have never won the game.

2. To the fans in the stands. With just over 11 minutes in the game, hanging in there.  And getting so loud, that it truly upset the Spartans at that time, causing IU to close the gap.

Just want to add one more thing.  Been telling you, all along,  not to give up on Smith. 

Archived