Michigan State Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

13th posted this in the recruiting section under Loveday. Thanks for clearing that up 13th.

Now if I can only find something on this Shameless Bump guy. Would help if I knew which was his last name...

HoosierKix says it was Davion Bradford. In Loveday thread.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Most fun game thread from an opponent all season on 247.  Warning, should you head on over.... 32 pages, and most of it....cussing.

Thing I had to laugh hardest about.  They kept saying what a trash team IU is.  Failing to mention once...our ravails with injuries most, if not all of the season.... all the while lamenting how injuries are killing them late this season. 

Bunch of foul mouthed idiots with a collective basketball IQ of about 6.

"Makes it hard when your tallest player is 6'7"!

How tall do they think Justin and Juwan are?

This season was the first time I've ever heard Izzo give a press conference. Granted our pair of losses to them were down points for MSU, so naturally the tone will not be optimistic. But wow, he sounded like a loser. Kind of shocking how successful his teams have been over the years with such a loser mentality. 

10 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

This season was the first time I've ever heard Izzo give a press conference. Granted our pair of losses to them were down points for MSU, so naturally the tone will not be optimistic. But wow, he sounded like a loser. Kind of shocking how successful his teams have been over the years with such a loser mentality. 

He doesn’t sound like a guy who wants to coach much longer. If I was a potential recruit or family member, it would get my attention 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Most fun game thread from an opponent all season on 247.  Warning, should you head on over.... 32 pages, and most of it....cussing.

Thing I had to laugh hardest about.  They kept saying what a trash team IU is.  Failing to mention once...our ravails with injuries most, if not all of the season.... all the while lamenting how injuries are killing them late this season. 

Looked back at the statistics from the earlier game at Breslin, when Ward did play for Sparty.

We out rebounded them by 8 overall and by 6 on the offensive end. They can whine all day long but we beat them at their own game twice in a month 

57 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

He is the definition of a poor loser. He is classless, a whiner, and an all around little man

37 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He is the definition of a poor loser. He is classless, a whiner, and an all around little man

I theorize some of his down demeanor results from knowing he is passing the torch to what may be becoming the new class of the B1G in basketball.  Back to IU?

I once had respect for Izzo as well.  Constantly recruiting Indiana HS players when we weren't and MSU doing well with them.

The borders are closing and CAM has the product on the floor trending up.

22 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I theorize some of his down demeanor results from knowing he is passing the torch to what may be becoming the new class of the B1G in basketball.  Back to IU?

I once had respect for Izzo as well.  Constantly recruiting Indiana HS players when we weren't and MSU doing well with them.

The borders are closing and CAM has the product on the floor trending up.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2019/02/28/michigan-state-indiana-basketball-hoosiers-msu-bobby-knight-tom-izzo-couch-column/3021274002/

Not according to this guy 

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Interesting comments from Dane. So does he take another head coaching job rather than try to succeed Izzo?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

"In other words, MSU under Izzo, sans another national championship or two, has become Indiana under Knight"

In OTHER words, my family, under me, sans $84 billion dollars, has become Microsoft under Bill Gates.

44 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

He lost me at having 1 national title is pretty much the same as 3. No, no it's not. 

Wyoming has 1 national title.

Kansas has 3.

LaSalle has 1 national title.

Villanova has 3.

There's a pattern forming here.

Holy Cross has one national title.

Louisville has....wait, scratch that last one.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He doesn’t sound like a guy who wants to coach much longer. If I was a potential recruit or family member, it would get my attention 

He is in his 24th year, and on court, doesn't have anything left to prove. Could be.

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wyoming has 1 national title.

Kansas has 3.

LaSalle has 1 national title.

Villanova has 3.

There's a pattern forming here.

Holy Cross has one national title.

Louisville has....wait, scratch that last one.

Interesting thing about the Wyoming NC and MSU .

Wyoming won the NC with a player (Milo Kominich) from Gary, Indiana.  While MSU failed to win a NC any of the four years, they had Branden Dawson, also from Gary, Indiana. Both those guys went to my alma mater..... Gary Lew Wallace.

Even the University of San Francisco has two NCAA NC's

Just something to store in a BB fanatics treasure trove of useless facts.  LOL

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Interesting thing about the Wyoming NC and MSU .

Wyoming won the NC with a player (Milo Kominich) from Gary, Indiana.  While MSU failed to win a NC any of the four years, they had Branden Dawson, also from Gary, Indiana. Both those guys went to my alma mater..... Gary Lew Wallace.

Even the University of San Francisco has two NCAA NC's

Just something to store in a BB fanatics treasure trove of useless facts.  LOL

Didn't former KC Chiefs coach Hank Stram also go there?

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Interesting comments from Dane. So does he take another head coaching job rather than try to succeed Izzo?

I've mentioned Depaul with Alford on here before. If they don't want to go that route....why wouldn't you try a guy like Fife? High Major Assistant. Young enough to relate. Midwestern roots. To me it's a no brainer. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've mentioned Depaul with Alford on here before. If they don't want to go that route....why wouldn't you try a guy like Fife? High Major Assistant. Young enough to relate. Midwestern roots. To me it's a no brainer. 

It'd be similar to Marquette and Wojo or NW and Collins.

57 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Didn't former KC Chiefs coach Hank Stram also go there?

Yes.  Hank Stram was a Gary Lew Wallace "Hornet".

As was Vic Bubas.  Former AD at Duke in the 1960's who is accredited with taking Duke from a school that recruited locally... to a school that recruited nationally. And then moved on to become a commissioner of the ACC. 

Archived