Who was your MVP vs MSU ?

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What a huge game for Smith but honestly what Devonte did in 2nd won the game. Justin kept us in it. Devonte allowed us to win it. I go Devonte

This is the way I look at it.  It does not diminish what Justin did in any way.  His performance was critical to the victory.  But, Devonte was the one that made the most plays in clutch time.  

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Smith scored every FG for 14 minutes. No doubt about it. Rest of the team was 0-14. Without him game is over 10 minutes in. Greens hero ball worked but was nowhere near as gutsy as Smith. 

Why would you call Devonte's performance 'hero ball'?  I've been as critical of him as anyone.  But, hitting clutch shots and making clutch passes is not 'hero ball'.  

MVP to Coach Miller for helping these guys work through difficulties and pushing forward through adversity.

I’m not going to pat players on the back for doing what they are supposed to do. Don’t get me wrong, Justin had a breakthrough game offensively but let a few slip by on defense. Green wasn’t affected by the camera and was able to keep the dazzle to a minimum. Rob, Al, Juwan and Romeo made some big shots.

The Michigan State defense was obviously  focused on Juwan and Romeo. Credit goes to the team for adjusting and finding other ways to get points on the board. 

Nice win for sure. But, there is still a lot of work to do for this team to have a chance to win on the road and build confidence to carry into the B1G tourney.

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Why would you call Devonte's performance 'hero ball'?  I've been as critical of him as anyone.  But, hitting clutch shots and making clutch passes is not 'hero ball'.  

I agree, the only time I really cringed when he shot was the three he hit on the fast break. Otherwise he made really good decisions. 

Green shot a 3 the first time we cut it to 2 that was totally out of flow. I’m glad he hit the 3s but don’t forget he came up short on our final shot. 

Not knocking him overall he came up big. But Smith scored all of our FGs for 14+ minutes. And still scored 8 points second half. We got a great half from Green. We got a great game from Smith

Archived