Matt Painter/iU sucks chant merged thread

I guess Painter formally asked for the chant to stop, especially after the chants directed at Haarms... Thoughts? Personally, I never minded the chant, as it proved the little brother syndrome and feeds the rivalry. 

Purdue's Painter to fans: Give up IU sucks chant https://es.pn/2SERxS1 via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think you can count on HTD's Toiletmaker hate until he draws his last breath.  I'd chip in for an inscription on his headstone:

"He hated the Turdue Smellermakers at a level exceeded by no IU fan ever."

Two things you can count on, with respect to Purdue. HTD and STD.

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

The chant says more about them than it's ever said about us.

Realistically, I don't see it stopping, especially since it's also done on every kickoff in football season as well.  

In all fairness it’s much more applicable to IU football than IU basketball. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

In all fairness it’s much more applicable to IU football than IU basketball. 

...says the school who finished 6-7 and barely held onto the bucket...

IU fans should chant "Purdue football sucks just a little less!"

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

...says the school who finished 6-7 and barely held onto the bucket...

I know Purdue isn’t some world beater but IU’s history in football can’t really be argued. Purdue is mediocre in football historically speaking. IU is well below average. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I know Purdue isn’t some world beater but IU’s history in football can’t really be argued. Purdue is mediocre in football historically speaking. IU is well below average. 

You quoted me too quickly and missed the best part!

I hate Purdue just as much as and other IU fan . I just read an article about how Matt Painter addressed the student body at Mackey Arena and ask them to stop chanting IU sucks. He said the profanity chants Haarms received at IU we’re awful and there is no place for that kind of stuff. That Purdue needs to clean up there own backyard, because they are much better then that.   I have a whole new find respect for Matt Painter. I love IU we are a very proud fan base. I want to cheer and be loud and drive opposing teams crazy with our support of our beloved Hoosiers. I hope I never hear profanity chants at opponents or single out a opposing player ever again we also are much better then that. 

Archived