Cole Brevard to Penn State

KDB

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Leathernecks.   Appreciate the info you bring, especially updates on the football board.

I would love to add him to the dline.  With Wise committed and Robbins on campus you would think it could give us a boost in this recruitment. 

15 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Thanks for the update Leathernecks.   Appreciate the info you bring, especially updates on the football board.

I would love to add him to the dline.  With Wise committed and Robbins on campus you would think it could give us a boost in this recruitment. 

No problem.  I've become a big IU football fan the last handful of years, so I'm always on the lookout for IU football info.  I know there are a few others out there like me, so I'm happy to share things I find with everybody.  I'm hoping we start winning big soon and get a lot more traffic on the football board.

He cut his list not long after taking some visits, and we made that cut, so that can't hurt things.  He also commented that he's going to the Big Ten (all schools listed are in the B1G), so he doesn't sound like he's wanting to add other schools.  We're going up against some of the biggest schools in the conference, so the location and having other guys from Carmel definitely can't hurt us.

Needless to say, he would be a gigantic pickup for us.  Imagine having two top 300 recruits on the DL.  I honestly don't think I can imagine that!

On 3/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, Leathernecks said:

Needless to say, he would be a gigantic pickup for us.  Imagine having two top 300 recruits on the DL.  I honestly don't think I can imagine that!

You'd hope that any D1 head coach could find the right way to use two top 300 d-linemen, but with Allen having a defensive background, makes it all the more intriguing.

42 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

You'd hope that any D1 head coach could find the right way to use two top 300 d-linemen, but with Allen having a defensive background, makes it all the more intriguing.

And that's not even including James Head who I think was underrated coming out of high school and will be a really good DE for us.  If we could add Brevard to Robbins and Head, along with Allen's defensive ability, we could have the dominant pass rush we were missing last year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • KDB changed the title to Cole Brevard to Penn State
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

PSU has had 4 guys decommit the last couple weeks.

Probably just guys changing their mind, but you have to wonder if there's something going on people aren't happy about. Maybe Brevard is second guessing his commitment.

More "locker room trouble"?  Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Archived