Illinois Pregame Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

KenPom must not be paying attention, wins over Wisky and State or a win over Northwestern?  I get it we have horrible losses but we also had multiple injuries during that bad stretch.  Time to show the World who we are!

Your definition of horrible losses do not match up with metrics that are used by the tourney selection committee (NET).
Now, if you are calling horrible losses to what are not considered B1G powers Rutgers and such, or losses after seemingly having the game in hand, then sure!

I believe KenPom might have his hand in only one portion of the NET rating. (Edit - not true)
Adjusted Offensive efficiency - Adjusted Defensive Efficiency = Net efficiency, which is just an advanced metric (1 of a few metrics comprising the NET).
KenPom uses Al Gore Rythms to come to his conclusions.  Though the calculations may not be subjective, the weights on certain variables certainly can be.  I am not even certain of who originated the math that goes into the efficiency ratings comprising that portion of the NET.

In Cayce you have been Underwood and had not noticed, the days of the Illini being totally Groce are gone.  But., I still Feliz that IU Kane win this one.  Can the Hoosiers prove to be tougher than Samson and Adonis?  I truly Bezhanishvilli so.

6 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Your definition of horrible losses do not match up with metrics that are used by the tourney selection committee (NET).
Now, if you are calling horrible losses to what are not considered B1G powers Rutgers and such, or losses after seemingly having the game in hand, then sure!

I believe KenPom might have his hand in only one portion of the NET rating. (Edit - not true)
Adjusted Offensive efficiency - Adjusted Defensive Efficiency = Net efficiency, which is just an advanced metric (1 of a few metrics comprising the NET).
KenPom uses Al Gore Rythms to come to his conclusions.  Though the calculations may not be subjective, the weights on certain variables certainly can be.  I am not even certain of who originated the math that goes into the efficiency ratings comprising that portion of the NET.

"Al Gore Rythms" may be the greatest unintentional pun of all time.

I think the Illini have a couple of nice pieces. I also think their fan base was so desperate for good news with program is they bought hook, line and sinker what wins over Maryland/Sparty actually were....before falling straight on their face at home vs Penn St. 

We've had some very, very good teams lose over there. Not expecting this one to work in our favor but we'll see. Cheapest IU ticket we'll have all year so hope to see plenty of Hoosier fans over there Thursday!

😕😊😀😁😂😃😄😅😆😇No Bten game is easy ! Rutgers just won big at Iowa ! Or , was that Penn State ? Both got big wins in their last game ! You have to bring your A game every game and that is hard to do !!! If Indiana stays healthy and focused , it's going to be fun watching Indiana from now on ! Go Hoosiers !

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

KenPom must not be paying attention, wins over Wisky and State or a win over Northwestern?  I get it we have horrible losses but we also had multiple injuries during that bad stretch.  Time to show the World who we are!

Yeah, as mentioned above, we don’t have bad losses, by definition. We have a perplexing and annoying preponderance of losses, but we haven’t been beaten badly by any “bad teams.”

That, along with the number of quad one wins, is what has us even still in the outer discussions of making the bubble.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Our guards closing out on the 3 will decide this one. The couple of times I watched UI play, they jacked it up from every where.

The key to beating UI is not to turn the ball over against their pressure defense allowing them to get easy shots.

Illini, I am aFrazier not going to win. I'd even bet Indian Head Nichols on it. In Cayce you haven't noticed, we are playing better than you right now. We play above the rim, while you play 6 Feet Underwoodn't you agree? We have Dosunmuvable big guys in Davis and Morgan, while you play Hey There Giorgi Girl! You'll sleepwalk through this game like you have a case of Sambambulism.  We know you are trying your best to be just like us. Even going as far as to have your own mini-me version of one of our all time greats, Vic. Sorry Oladimejit just isn't the Sam son.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the Illini have a couple of nice pieces. I also think their fan base was so desperate for good news with program is they bought hook, line and sinker what wins over Maryland/Sparty actually were

Not sure I get exactly what this means? Those weren't actually wins over ranked teams?

Illini are definitely a better team than when we first met in early January, but have also come down a bit from the level of a few weeks ago. I don't think Frazier is 100%, he's had a couple of games where he's left with leg/ankle issues and I don't think he's all the way back from those. OTOH, Feliz has really stepped up his game recently. Should be a good one.

29 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Correct. And Davis played 5 minutes

That entire game was basically the combination of Juwan/Romeo/Green/Durham/Smith/McBob.  Davis had 5 minutes, Damezi had 2 and Fitz had 6.  Romeo and Juwan played 37 and 36 minutes each, and Green and Smith were both north of 30. 

We were about as deep as Casual Gay Marie's gene pool for that game. 

Archived