Illinois Pregame Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Well, here we go again, after reading a few of the Illini fan boards. A lot of talk about how IU went into a dive for the better part of the conference season. And how IU is playing much better lately........ and no mention of the ton of injuries while IU went into the tank.  Much less the reason for better play, now that IU is playing with a full compliment of players.  It's as if ,it is by some magical reason as to why IU is playing better ball now.  Many think the game will swing on how well they defend against Morgan and Langford. Two guys that basically have played despite the injuries to others.  Some think De'Ron and Green are the x-factors. Not one mention of what Smith did the last couple of times out. And no mention of Rob P.  Clueless. I hope Underwood makes the same mistake Izzo did against Smith, and his game plan is to lay off of Smith. 

Also, no smugness on the part of Illini fans.  It seems they are genuinely concerned about Thursday's game with IU. 

You are a braver man than I. Hope the visit did not leave any permanent damage. Thanks for the recap

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

How many possessions before Smith hoists his first three?  I hope his streak from Saturday carries over. 

I'm sure he will take a few. Will be different on the road vs @ Assembly Hall. He'll either be a bit rattled or try to force something or his confidence will carry over. Will know shortly...

Archived