Illinois Pregame Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this. Illini has to lead the country in rivals. To some it's Missouri, some say Iowa, some IU....some even think Northwestern...shoot there was a time when they tried to say Arizona was a rival.  Obviously age and where you live is a pretty good indicator. Born and raised there it was Iowa and Iowa only for any Illini fan I knew.  Maybe back in the day when Lou had the $ flowing (and they actually competed on a national level) I would consider (IU/UI) a rivalry. Just don't think that way anymore. In most cases IU fans I know just consider Illinois basketball like a gnat that needs to go away...kind of like Bruce Weber. 

I do find it pure comedy that Underwood has a $15,000 bonus written into his contract for beating IU (has one for Missouri too I believe). Anyway. Hopefully we bring the same effort/execution as the last few games. If we do that. We'll be fine. If we don't...life will move along. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I will say this. Illini has to lead the country in rivals. To some it's Missouri, some say Iowa, some IU....some even think Northwestern...shoot there was a time when they tried to say Arizona was a rival.  Obviously age and where you live is a pretty good indicator. Born and raised there it was Iowa and Iowa only for any Illini fan I knew.  Maybe back in the day when Lou had the $ flowing (and they actually competed on a national level) I would consider (IU/UI) a rivalry. Just don't think that way anymore. In most cases IU fans I know just consider Illinois basketball like a gnat that needs to go away...kind of like Bruce Weber. 

I do find it pure comedy that Underwood has a $15,000 bonus written into his contract for beating IU (has one for Missouri too I believe). Anyway. Hopefully we bring the same effort/execution as the last few games. If we do that. We'll be fine. If we don't...life will move along. 

Damn didn’t know that about an IU bonus. He will have his crew fired up for sure. Damn.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

As Reggie Jackson once said: "Fans don't boo nobodies."

An IU bounty is right up there with Purdue's "IU Sucks" chant. Keep talking crap about dusty banners. You're paying your coach extra to beat us.

Thursday night the Hoosier faithful will be celebrating a victory with Captain MORGAN and screaming it's MILLER time!!  Rob the Phinisher Phinessee AKA the legend killer because last week he mopped the hardwood with Cassius and this week he had the announcers yelling DOWN GOES FRAZIER, DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!. There will be no FELIZ Navidad in champaign. Coach Underwood tells the guys to win one for the KIPPER, he was not smart enough to realize its Win One For the Gipper!! Next season instead of coaching he will be delivering Pizza's for LA ROSA'S . The Ilini fans are still GREEN with envy, since we stole Air GORDON and left them with just the fake AIR ON JORDAN. There was no strength in their SAMSON, and the Hoosiers were Able to take down their KANE.  Justin's 48" vertical was on displayed as he dunked over little Tyler and when Ty looked up he saw he was UNDERWOOD. In a last ditch effort they DREW up a play but GIORGI saw IT and ran away.  Hoosiers 79- 64 

12 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

giphy.gif

My sentiments exactly and I'll leave it at that.  Anything else I'm tempted to say would fall into the political category and be out of bounds on a sports forum.  I will say this...whoever decided Alma Otter was a good idea would probably also endorse castration for all male scholarship athletes at U of I.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

My sentiments exactly and I'll leave it at that.  Anything else I'm tempted to say would fall into the political category and be out of bounds on a sports forum.  I will say this...whoever decided Alma Otter was a good idea would probably also endorse castration for all male scholarship athletes at U of I.

From one article on this topic:

"If there's one thing the Big Ten needed, it's one more weasel-like mascot. I will say, the thing is undeniably cute and completely unthreatening, which probably makes it a perfect representation of their football team....."

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Proposed new Illini mascot meeting with tons of criticism.

D0r9KyrX4AYJGX4.jpg

I'm going to offer a piece of genuine advice to the University of Illinois.  We may be rivals, but out of a sense of human decency, travesties like this should not be allowed to go on. 

Please, learn from the mistakes made in the past.  You need look no further than:

2019-03-05_12-05-41.png.748f2e6a9ca393fdf3dfc601b2d82e29.png

Archived