Dane Fife Discusses Knight/IU

9 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Dakich using any form of communication is generally too much to take. 

Yeah. I may be short changing myself. But the minute I read Dan Dakich, I could not bring myself to listen.   Any day without Dak, is a good day. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Yeah. I may be short changing myself. But the minute I read Dan Dakich, I could not bring myself to listen.   Any day without Dak, is a good day. 

The Fife interview is not with Dakich.  Highly recommend the Fife interview, lots of good IU memories in that one.  You can skip the Dakich/Don Fischer one, although that one is good too.  I'll never publicize any of the Dakich rant sessions, but when he has good guests I generally find them to be a good listen, including his weekly with Fisher.

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The Fife interview is not with Dakich.  Highly recommend the Fife interview, lots of good IU memories in that one.  You can skip the Dakich/Don Fischer one, although that one is good too.  I'll never publicize any of the Dakich rant sessions, but when he has good guests I generally find them to be a good listen, including his weekly with Fisher.

Thank you, sir.  Continue to love the work you do.  And thanks for bringing it to us all the time.

11 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Good memories or not, I find it hard to listen to anyone connected to Sparty athletics.  Just my stance on it.  Loved Dane as a player, disappointed that he is at MSU now considering what has gone on there.

58 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I just finished listening to the Fife interview.  It was a good listen; thanks for sharing!

6 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Well, that Fife interview led me to watching that IU-Duke 2002 tourney matchup.  What a comeback and what a game!!!!

My neighbor then, a Dookie fan, cavalierly bet that if IU won he’d wear an IU cheerleader uni and hit the clubs. 

Watching him head out to the clubs, rocking the womens’ cheerleader Uni : priceless 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

My neighbor then, a Dookie fan, cavalierly bet that if IU won he’d wear an IU cheerleader uni and hit the clubs. 

Watching him head out to the clubs, rocking the womens’ cheerleader Uni : priceless 

I picked the final four that year and won a large NCAA pool I was in.  That Duke upset was key to my bracket obviously.  I still remeber cheering with my wife in our small apt during that game.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen Fife get interviewed after one of the games in the B1G tournament, and it got me to thinking about him and his future,its obvious he wants to succeed Izzo and I think his time around him and RMK is going to lead to him being a good coach someday, he still talks alot about RMK,almost leads you to believe he was around him more than just 1 yr as a player...i just hope someday we dont wonder what could have been,even after his interview the announcer said he has alittle RMK in him....but to listen to him talk about the game and preparation for games you can tell good things are going to happen for him. 

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

I seen Fife get interviewed after one of the games in the B1G tournament, and it got me to thinking about him and his future,its obvious he wants to succeed Izzo and I think his time around him and RMK is going to lead to him being a good coach someday, he still talks alot about RMK,almost leads you to believe he was around him more than just 1 yr as a player...i just hope someday we dont wonder what could have been,even after his interview the announcer said he has alittle RMK in him....but to listen to him talk about the game and preparation for games you can tell good things are going to happen for him. 

Oh no doubt.  Building a reputation for himself.  If not at MSU... certainly at another B1G school as HC.  Just look at Bruce Weber. Spent 18 years at Purdue before becoming BAM at Illinois. 

Fife has played and now coached under two coaches with over 300 wins in the B1G. That said he has also been under two of the most controversial coaches too...1 who could say and do inappropriate things and another that was part of the most disgusting athletic department to ever exist.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Fife has played and now coached under two coaches with over 300 wins in the B1G. That said he has also been under two of the most controversial coaches too...1 who could say and do inappropriate things and another that was part of the most disgusting athletic department to ever exist.

Well,he knows what not to do..😂

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Has Fife ever been considered for an assistant job at any point?  Any of the IU connections who are assistants?  Lewis, Guyton- not sure if there is more?

Was Woodson or Whitman considered ever for the head position?

I think he was under Davis

Archived