Vandy has lost 17 in a row

25 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Just a tad bit of schadenfreude, but remember how much trash Vandy was talking about this time last year? Talking about a potential final 4 team with Romeo. Well they have lost 17 in a row. Garland will only end up having played 5 total games in a Vandy uni.  

Personally, I feel it's a bit classless of you to derive pleasure from Vanderbilt's 17 game losing streak knowing that Garland suffered a season ending knee injury. I'm sure a lot of their losses are due to not having him available. Sure Vanderbilt was annoying during both the Garland and Langford recruitments but we should show more class than them.

Also, I'd like to point out that our team went 1-12 at one point this season and if we lost Langford and or Juwan for the season we could have potentially went 0-17.

39 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Personally, I feel it's a bit classless of you to derive pleasure from Vanderbilt's 17 game losing streak knowing that Garland suffered a season ending knee injury. I'm sure a lot of their losses are due to not having him available. Sure Vanderbilt was annoying during both the Garland and Langford recruitments but we should show more class than them.

Also, I'd like to point out that our team went 1-12 at one point this season and if we lost Langford and or Juwan for the season we could have potentially went 0-17.

Call it classless if you want, but I call it Karma.

The Garland family did a class A punk job on IU fans...leading us to believe IU had a legit shot at landing Darius...to the point that an IU reporter made a 6-hour round trip journey only to hear Vanderbilt announced.  Then, that wasn't good enough...they had to publicly pronounce IU a distant 3rd.

Drew made it clear last year that he was going to try to filch top-level talent from Indiana. While it's his right to recruit wherever he wants, it also naturally puts Vandy on the IU enemy list and while not at the level of Turdue and pUKe, I reserve the right to smirk at their failures, particularly when it impairs their ability to export Indiana players to that bizarrely-designed field house in Nashville.

Yes, Indiana has had some growing pains while the team learns a new system, and hopefully, how to put the ball in the bucket.  Would have IU suffered without Romeo or Juwan?  Likely.  At the same time, IU beat MSU at the Breslin center after Juwan went down, and we could probably point to a game or two where Romeo's poor shooting may have cost Indiana a win.  Injuries happen...Lord knows IU has dealt with a ton of them so excuse me if I don't weep for Drew's misfortunes.

You've given your opinion...here's mine...

5ab80b7731e4a_Lightenup.jpg.486a58d468788fd7bd0f9d01b849d2a0.jpg

While many IU fans may be laughing at Vandy bball this season.  I am confident in 2 things.

1.  No IU fan is taking pleasure in Garland getting hurt.  Taking pleasure in Vanderbilt's lack of success is a different animal.

2.  The fans that were talking trash a year ago have dispersed.  The Vandwagon has emptied.

36 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

While many IU fans may be laughing at Vandy bball this season.  I am confident in 2 things.

1.  No IU fan is taking pleasure in Garland getting hurt.  Taking pleasure in Vanderbilt's lack of success is a different animal.

2.  The fans that were talking trash a year ago have dispersed.  The Vandwagon has emptied.

Agree...you have to be a pretty twisted individual to celebrate an injury.  All programs deal with them and I'd argue that IU has dealt with more injury misfortune than Vanderbilt has.  You can use the injury excuse, but in the end, you eventually have to find ways to win if you want to stay employed.

53 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree...you have to be a pretty twisted individual to celebrate an injury.  All programs deal with them and I'd argue that IU has dealt with more injury misfortune than Vanderbilt has.  You can use the injury excuse, but in the end, you eventually have to find ways to win if you want to stay employed.

I dunno. I may dance like a banana when Fouls gets carpal tunnel from stirring that damn coffee so much 😛

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Call it classless if you want, but I call it Karma.

The Garland family did a class A punk job on IU fans...leading us to believe IU had a legit shot at landing Darius...to the point that an IU reporter made a 6-hour round trip journey only to hear Vanderbilt announced.  Then, that wasn't good enough...they had to publicly pronounce IU a distant 3rd.

Drew made it clear last year that he was going to try to filch top-level talent from Indiana. While it's his right to recruit wherever he wants, it also naturally puts Vandy on the IU enemy list and while not at the level of Turdue and pUKe, I reserve the right to smirk at their failures, particularly when it impairs their ability to export Indiana players to that bizarrely-designed field house in Nashville.

Yes, Indiana has had some growing pains while the team learns a new system, and hopefully, how to put the ball in the bucket.  Would have IU suffered without Romeo or Juwan?  Likely.  At the same time, IU beat MSU at the Breslin center after Juwan went down, and we could probably point to a game or two where Romeo's poor shooting may have cost Indiana a win.  Injuries happen...Lord knows IU has dealt with a ton of them so excuse me if I don't weep for Drew's misfortunes.

You've given your opinion...here's mine...

5ab80b7731e4a_Lightenup.jpg.486a58d468788fd7bd0f9d01b849d2a0.jpg

Thanks for taking the time expand on your original comment. I should have had more patience with you in the same way I do with Kentucky fans. Please accept my apology,

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Thanks for taking the time expand on your original comment. I should have had more patience with in the same way I do with Kentucky fans. Please accept my apology,

Hey you're fine and no apology needed my direction.  Just passing along a little counter-point for consideration (I'm not the original poster here, but understood where (I think) he was going).

14 hours ago, rico said:

Money is one thing...but Drew, had he not taken the gig, would have been somewhere else that isn't a basketball purgatory.

If I remember right I think Georgia Tech was pursuing him too, but he picked Vandy and then Ga Tech settled for Pastner. I figured Tech was a better job, but Vandy had the easier conference. I wonder if he regrets that pick.

16 minutes ago, Cottage Grove said:

If I remember right I think Georgia Tech was pursuing him too, but he picked Vandy and then Ga Tech settled for Pastner. I figured Tech was a better job, but Vandy had the easier conference. I wonder if he regrets that pick.

I would have definitely picked Ga Tech of the two.  But maybe Drew thought there was a better chance to succeed at Vandy?  Or at least a higher degree of patience.

I think you have to put some of this on Drew himself and not just the location. Vandy is definitely not the easiest place to win, there are challenges at a program like that and Drew maybe should have been more selective, but with that said it's not impossible to win there. Kevin Stallings did have some success there. A quick look at Wikipedia and looks like over 16 years there he had 8 20-win seasons and had a 9 year stretch where he never finished lower than 4th in the conference. 

I think Drew made a huge strategic mistake by trying to go the one and done route there, and that's on him. You just can't do that at a place like Vandy. It takes a certain type of program to succeed in that world. You have to have a certain culture and certain protocols and systems in place. Vandy is about the furthest thing from a school prepared to handle that. Look at IU this year. IU is way more equipped to handle a one and done and even IU has struggled with it this season. 

At Vandy you need to try and build a program with quality 3-4 year players that develop into a foundation that your program is built around. I think Drew made a huge mistake by going down this one and done path, and it may cost him his job ultimately, and that's on him. 

Archived