Alex Trebek

rico

I've always been a trivia nut, so naturally I've watched many hours of Jeopardy. It'll always hold a special place in my heart for a different reason. My oldest son was extremely colicky and would be up for hours some nights. And, at the time, my wife was working nights. So, I'd always make sure I had a backlog of Jeopardy episodes on the TiVo. Perfect show for that situation. No sudden loud noises to startle him if he was falling asleep, and most of the words were on screen if he wasn't.

Best wishes to a true icon.

Not trying to be sick or anything...but I hope SNL thinks about a tribute to Trebek.  Those "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits are my all- time favorites.  It would be nice to see Alex as the host and Will Ferrell as a contestant.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Not trying to be sick or anything...but I hope SNL thinks about a tribute to Trebek.  Those "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits are my all- time favorites.  It would be nice to see Alex as the host and Will Ferrell as a contestant.

We meet again, you beefwitted applejohn....

2 minutes ago, rico said:

"This my lucky day....I will take The Rapists for $200"

"...i spent the better part of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover....failing to do so is my biggest regret!"

For the record, Trebek stated several times that he found the SNL skits absolutely hilarious.

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

"...i spent the better part of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover....failing to do so is my biggest regret!"

For the record, Trebek stated several times that he found the SNL skits absolutely hilarious.

I know he did.  As a life long Jeopardy fan, those SNL skits just cracked me up.  I would know "Sean Connery" would morph some topic.  I knew it would come...but I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.  

That being said I wish Alex the best, and it is a show that I have watched religiously.  

Have watched Jeopardy for years. Odd a game show host voice can be the gold standard for a generation or two....but Trebek is one of those voices when you hear it you know who it is. Almost like an Enberg or Al Michaels or Dan Rather....wish him the best trying to beat this cancer. Stage 4 of that type usually doesn't have much optimism surrounding it. 

• 6 months later...

Archived