KBJ POLL   

129 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Brooks end up?

• IU
    • UK
    • MSU
    • other

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I voted for UK because I think dad will win out and I also think the family did no t care how our fan base reacted to this year

If he goes there I hope he has a good year for his sake then.  All fanbases look good when things are going well.  I guarantee that our fanbase reacted better than UK's would have in a similar situation.

If you are looking for a fanbase that is just in it for the good kids, you need to be looking at a Northwestern type of program, not the programs he has listed as finalists.  Did you see the reaction on the Michigan State board after we beat them this weekend?  And they are a Top 10 team.  Families of these big recruits that are looking to be in and out are nuts if they do not believe that the fans of the programs view them much in the same manner that the players view the programs themselves.  If you are a 1 or 2 and done, you are here to win.  Period.  You are not in the program long enough for us to care about much else than that.  And when you do not produce, the fanbases react like they would if you are a pro not producing.  Kentucky fans destroy the guys who do not pan out.  Have they never been on Rupp's Rafters?

16 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If he goes there I hope he has a good year for his sake then.  All fanbases look good when things are going well.  I guarantee that our fanbase reacted better than UK's would have in a similar situation.

If you are looking for a fanbase that is just in it for the good kids, you need to be looking at a Northwestern type of program, not the programs he has listed as finalists.  Did you see the reaction on the Michigan State board after we beat them this weekend?  And they are a Top 10 team.  Families of these big recruits that are looking to be in and out are nuts if they do not believe that the fans of the programs view them much in the same manner that the players view the programs themselves.  If you are a 1 or 2 and done, you are here to win.  Period.  You are not in the program long enough for us to care about much else than that.  And when you do not produce, the fanbases react like they would if you are a pro not producing.  Kentucky fans destroy the guys who do not pan out.  Have they never been on Rupp's Rafters?

No I did not see reaction of other teams because I don't go to other teams message boards.  Also the only fan base I saw mentioned this year was ours in the tweets between Franklin's and KB's mothers.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No I did not see reaction of other teams because I don't go to other teams message boards.  Also the only fan base I saw mentioned this year was ours in the tweets between Franklin's and KB's mothers.

Yeah, I get you are on a narrative but I hope you realize that when you are on boards acting like the IU fanbase is some horrible outlier when it comes to behavior, that you are feeding a false narrative that recruits see too.

Bit of advice, before running down our fanbase, maybe you should go and take a look at how other fanbases react to adversity.  Again, if KB is worried about fanbase behavior, Kentucky should be the LAST school on his list.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

Again, if KB is worried about fanbase behavior, Kentucky should be the LAST school on his list.

Ain't that the truth...

If UK gets him, the vast majority of IU fans will say "good luck"...

If he goes to IU, UK fans will have plenty of posts containing words that rhyme with luck...

9 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, I get you are on a narrative but I hope you realize that when you are on boards acting like the IU fanbase is some horrible outlier when it comes to behavior, that you are feeding a false narrative that recruits see too.

Bit of advice, before running down our fanbase, maybe you should go and take a look at how other fanbases react to adversity.  Again, if KB is worried about fanbase behavior, Kentucky should be the LAST school on his list.

I don't care what other fan bases do and just because they do it does not make it right.  Maybe we should strive to be above other fan bases like we use to but I guess that is to much to ask.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/MSU-at-Indiana-basketball-game-thread-129635359/?Page=27

First comment on that page is quoting another post that should tell you how the thread went.  And that is for a team that is in position to win the Big Ten.

https://247sports.com/college/michigan-state/Board/93/Contents/Bingham-Brown-Loyer-should-have-redshirted-129650795/

Questioning players.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/keon-brooks.289647/

Thread about Brooks on UK board.  You think IU fans would consider him a "consolation prize" (within first 10 posts)?

So can we please just stop with how terrible our fanbase is.  After the past 10 to 20 years I think we have an awesome fanbase that still manages to be as passionate as they are even when we are not getting the results that these other programs are.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care what other fan bases do and just because they do it does not make it right.  Maybe we should strive to be above other fan bases like we use to but I guess that is to much to ask.

No, you are arguing that kids are or will probably go elsewhere because of how our fanbase reacts.  I would say that our fanbase on the whole is already better than those other fanbases.  I made it easy for you with links, see MSU with the most minor of adversity.  See what UK thinks about a player like Brooks.  Right now you are intentionally insulating yourself in an ignorance bubble because you apparently do not want to take on any information that may shake up your POV.

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Right now you are intentionally insulating yourself in an ignorance bubble because you apparently do not want to take on any information that may shake up your POV.

It's as simple as mistaking a symptom for a cause. Watch UK, MSU or UNC lose 12 of 13, and see how their fanbases reacts. It won't be pretty.

6 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

It's as simple as mistaking a symptom for a cause. Watch UK, MSU or UNC lose 12 of 13, and see how their fanbases reacts. It won't be pretty.

Right, additionally, having a bad season or a good season as a team has little impact on the NBA picking you up.  Seriously, if Dad is pushing him to UK then Dad is pushing him to make a bad decision.  It appears that pops wants the status he thinks that UK gives but in reality if Keion is going to the NBA in one or two years, he is probably doing that no matter where he plays.  So the choice is really, play ball with a bunch of my friends in this class and guys I already know from prior classes to try and bring back the state school (remember when he talked about having Indiana across his chest?) or go play at Mercenary U. with a bunch of guys I do not know and will likely not build much of a relationship with as we cycle in and out of the program.

If Dad is pushing really hard for him to go to UK against the judgment of the kid himself, then Dad is the type of sports parent that we all get told not to be.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

"Like we used to"....??? When exactly was that?

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I voted for UK because I think dad will win out and I also think the family did no t care how our fan base reacted to this year

If dad's relationship to IU coaches was our in....and he prefers UK....well the writing is on the wall imo. Kid wants to be a OAD...he will be that at UK....he will either end up in the pros or he will end up buried on the depth chart and play one year and be done (recruited over and left to whither on the vine or leave).

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe it's just that since the advent of the internet, a haven for keyboard tough guys and big mouthed malcontents, you just been exposed to more of the IU idiot side.

We sure do have them...Ever since the old Star-News board back in the late 90s I've seen a side of IU fandom that leaves me shaking my head.

But I do think IUCrazy's point about our having one of the saner and more informed fan bases holds true. All fan bases have knuckleheads...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe it's just that since the advent of the internet, a haven for keyboard tough guys and big mouthed malcontents, you just been exposed to more of the IU idiot side.

We sure do have them...Ever since the old Star-News board back in the late 90s I've seen a side of IU fandom that leaves me shaking my head.

But I do think IUCrazy's point about our having one of the saner and more informed fan bases holds true. All fan bases have knuckleheads...

I just knew there were a time when our fan base would never want to be compared to the UK fan base and what they stand for.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I think you're confusing "compare" with "contrast."

No every time I bring up how our fans are on social media and might be part of the brooks family looking elsewhere they bring up that UK fans do the same thing. What I am saying is because UK fans do this doesn't mean we should as well.  This is where our fan base would base is different now because use to we wouldn't want to be anything like the UK fan base.

Archived