Losing recruits

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

Each to their own.  But Oscar was a phenom in HS, College, and the NBA.  Winning titles at all three levels.  KD will not be able to have that on his resume.

No NCAA championship for the Big O.   UC won back-to-back '61 - '62.  Oscar graduated in '60.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Each to their own.  But Oscar was a phenom in HS, College, and the NBA.  Winning titles at all three levels.  KD will not be able to have that on his resume.

I think their career accomplishments are pretty similar and their viewed as pretty much on the same level historically, with Durant having more years still to play. Both are historically all-time great players. 

I don't know if Durant won a high school championship or not. He didn't in college, but he also only played one year and dominated as a freshmen. In the pro's he has two more championships and two more Finals MVP's. Don't misunderstand me though, I hate that Durant went to GS and think he took the easy way to his titles, but the reality is Durant and Oscar are in the same conversation historically. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think their career accomplishments are pretty similar and their viewed as pretty much on the same level historically, with Durant having more years still to play. Both are historically all-time great players. 

I don't know if Durant won a high school championship or not. He didn't in college, but he also only played one year and dominated as a freshmen. In the pro's he has two more championships and two more Finals MVP's. Don't misunderstand me though, I hate that Durant went to GS and think he took the easy way to his titles, but the reality is Durant and Oscar are in the same conversation historically. 

I can agree to that B.  Love your insights.

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think that it could be argued that both had an impact on the game as to how they played their position and that the overall game was changed by their play.

Archived