Illinois Game Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Bardo becoming quite the fan of Rob

I like Bardo calling the game. He's fair without going overboard, and he obviously knows the game. 

He did have a funny moment though...Said Romeo was "smooth as the other side of the pillow." The old Stuart Scott line except it was "as cool as the other side of the pillow."

Just want Morgan to stay out of foul trouble...win the first 5 mins and I feel good about a win. Illinois plays hard but aren’t polished...we have better talent. If we play smart we win the game. I think we are winning the rebounding, free throws, and big one turnovers...should win! Just don’t let them make a run here and give up all that we built.

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

We may non (I hope), we may lose.

But Rob Phinesse is a hall of a all round basketball plywr and will eventually become an IU legend. I think he will be that good.

I think we are seeing greatness early on.  

I'm really interested to see how Archie manages the game in this half. Will he manage the game and try to control the narrative by playing according to the score and focus on holding the lead while draining the clock or will he let the boys play and go for the kill? 

I'll be pretty agitated if we show apathy during the first 10.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just want Morgan to stay out of foul trouble...win the first 5 mins and I feel good about a win. Illinois plays hard but aren’t polished...we have better talent. If we play smart we win the game. I think we are winning the rebounding, free throws, and big one turnovers...should win! Just don’t let them make a run here and give up all that we built.

7 offensive rebounds have been huge. Thats our margin in rebounds

Just now, IUDan93 said:

I have to follow college basketball more, because who in the heck is that 8 footer who plays for UCF that they just showed in the high lights?  Dunking with his feet on the ground...jeez.

His name is Tacko Fall. I remember seeing his high school highlights. 

Kid is 7'6 with an 8 foot wingspan.. Crazy.

Archived