Visitor list

HoosierJax

9 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Yep.  The only thing that aggravates me more than the UK fans down here, is the half dozen or so people I know who claim to be fans of both UK and IU.  How the heck is that possible!  

That's like being "kind of pregnant".

25 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Yea and Evansville has a UK alum for a coach

They wanted a local guy (I'll always consider him a UK guy 1st) and by doing so, lost a local guy in their best player, Dru Smith.  He probably would've left no matter who they hired, given the interest from several power conference programs.  Just wish UE could get and keep local guys and the Hoosiers can land the Lander-level talents from here.   The Hoosiers have had two players from Evansville in my lifetime, Calbert and Kyle Taber. 

Back to Dru Smith, I did not realize the controversy behind his transfer.  Googled him and found this:

http://www.14news.com/2018/10/31/university-evansville-releases-statement-about-dru-smith/

Missouri applied for a waiver to get him immediately eligible, for this season, claiming the new coach ran him off.  Hard to believe not wanting your best player back, assuming no character or classroom issues.  It seems the most likely scenario was Missouri assistant coach and former UE alum, Chis Hollender, thought his old university would do him a solid by signing off on this, but I have no idea what really happened. 

I do know that Cuonzo Martin makes me sick almost as bad as McCarty does!

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Can anybody compare Powell to Clifton Moore?  Similar frame.  Is Powell a tough kid?

Powell is very slim but he is mostly a dunker and a shot blocker. Moore was more of a shooter when he was being recruited and he hasn’t been that to this point in limited playing time. There isn’t much of a comparison between those two imo. 

Here is the entire list of recruits at the Rutgers game. 

2019  Armaan Franklin of Indianapolis Cathedral

2021 point guard Khristian Lander of Evansville Reitz

2021 guard Pierce Thomas of Brownsburg

2021 guard Jalen Blackmon of Marion

2020 guard Anthony Leal of Bloomington South

2020 center Kiyron Powell of Evansville Bosse

On 3/10/2019 at 1:50 PM, DC2345 said:

Here is the entire list of recruits at the Rutgers game. 

2019  Armaan Franklin of Indianapolis Cathedral

2021 point guard Khristian Lander of Evansville Reitz

2021 guard Pierce Thomas of Brownsburg

2021 guard Jalen Blackmon of Marion

2020 guard Anthony Leal of Bloomington South

2020 center Kiyron Powell of Evansville Bosse

Guard heavy, but nice list

Archived