Charlie Yoder(2020)

rico

Nice to hear/see. Westview has always had decent kids to go along with very good ball players. I’m  not around home anymore (went to Lakeland, mom taught at Westview) so don’t get to follow them as much.  Most (there have been SOME D1) of their players seem to end up in the MCC (guess it’s the Crossroads now) so that would be great to see another one get a shot at sonething bigger, even D1 😊

I’ll have to try keeping an eye on him, and tell my parents to do the same. 

36 minutes ago, rd726 said:

Nice to hear/see. Westview has always had decent kids to go along with very good ball players. I’m  not around home anymore (went to Lakeland, mom taught at Westview) so don’t get to follow them as much.  Most (there have been SOME D1) of their players seem to end up in the MCC (guess it’s the Crossroads now) so that would be great to see another one get a shot at sonething bigger, even D1 😊

So you are a Laker?  LOL  I know Westview had a kid back 20 years ago or so.  Rusty Yoder.  I remember him playing in the NCAAT for South Alabama.

But yeah, Charlie is one to keep an eye on...

Yes I am. So always felt a little wrong liking seeing westview do well. Think having Mom there, and knowing people made it not AS “wrong”😂

Yep Rusty was REAL good. We went down to watch him play vs IU. His brother Ryan played for Colorado State.  Their Uncle, and I believe Charlie’s Great Uncle (I see he is Robs, the coach, son) is the all time leading scorer at Westview and rusty RIGHT behind him. At least they were. Ryan tried out for Nuggets and Gary, their uncle, I always heard got drafted by the Bucks 

5 hours ago, rd726 said:

I'm a Lakeland grad,too. Yu kin tel buy the speling!

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Just seeing that name got me craving a good Amish buffet. 

Back when I was driving quite a bit for work there was a restaurant called 5 and 20 up in Shipshewana (Amish Country) that was solid gold. No clue if it's still around but pretty certain their restaurant contributed to at least 10 lbs of my weight gain in my  20's.

1 hour ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Yoder broke the single season scoring record for Westview from what I understand. I have always admired Westview's program they are just always so good. 

I graduated in '85 and they were absolutely tough in my day.  

On 3/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, HoosierSadaseci said:

I'm from Goshen, so not far from many of you.

Me too! We live in Northridge district. I'm from Leo (NE of Fort Wayne) originally.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, Seeking6 said:

Back when I was driving quite a bit for work there was a restaurant called 5 and 20 up in Shipshewana (Amish Country) that was solid gold. No clue if it's still around but pretty certain their restaurant contributed to at least 10 lbs of my weight gain in my  20's.

There's a restaurant called the 5/20 Country Kitchen there now. Of course 15 miles west in Middlebury is Das Essenhaus.

24 minutes ago, GoshenFan84 said:

Me too! We live in Northridge district. I'm from Leo (NE of Fort Wayne) originally.

There's a restaurant called the 5/20 Country Kitchen there now. Of course 15 miles west in Middlebury is Das Essenhaus.

Isn't there a Yoder Road in Leo?  Maybe off of Swartz Road?  My dad is from Leo, and I went to New Haven.

Archived