Rutgers Game Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierFaithful said:

We were never going to keep shooting 68 percent so this is to be expected in some ways but, wow, the refs making this one ugly with the foul calls. 

Why not play a zone? 

I doubt we've spent any practice time on a zone. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I doubt we've spent any practice time on a zone. 

I imagine not and I get it because defensive scheme is such a part of Archie’s identity as a coach but we need some kind of adjustments or we are going to have McRoberts leading a unit towards the end of the game. These fouls are adding up!

8 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I imagine not and I get it because defensive scheme is such a part of Archie’s identity as a coach but we need some kind of adjustments or we are going to have McRoberts leading a unit towards the end of the game. These fouls are adding up!

Exactly, should be practicing a zone for these situations.

1 minute ago, rico said:

No, the 'Cuse needs to practice ethics.

We are as dedicated to the pack line defense as UVA is or as Syracuse is to a 2-3 zone. It isn't something we are going to change; spending practice time on another defense just takes away from what we are going to play 99.9% of the time. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We are as dedicated to the pack line defense as UVA is or as Syracuse is to a 2-3 zone. It isn't something we are going to change; spending practice time on another defense just takes away from what we are going to play 99.9% of the time. 

That is fine, but you got to protect players when foul trouble comes up.  The best way to do that is play a zone.

1 minute ago, rico said:

That is fine, but you got to protect players when foul trouble comes up.  The best way to do that is play a zone.

We aren't going to win against better teams if we have serious foul trouble, and we can beat a team like Rutgers without changing our defense.

I'd rather use a game like this to let guys learn to play with fouls. 

Archived