Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to get this off my chest.  I am so disappointed, I so wanted the whole game to say something.....but I couldn't until late in the game, and then it was too late.  Oh well, I will say it now....

In my best Bill Raftery voice......"Peter with the Kiss".

I was dying to say that.

Pardon the quality of the shot, I am nursing a hangover and just zoomed in on the television from my couch.

This was a candid glance at the tale end of a moment Romeo shared with Juwan the second before a free throw. Juwan had just said something to someone across the lane and smiled, then Romeo came into frame and had this look of what I believe to be admiration. 

Dunno, I just caught it and it warmed my heart a bit, it being senior day and all. Plus, I’m loving this team and how they seem to genuinely love playing with one another now.

1F5061F6-AA8E-4ABC-997D-0988491883D9.jpeg

Thought it was very nice of the guys to mention Coach Crean. Thought it was very truthful for Juwan to talk about how he wanted to transfer but glad he stuck it out. Mentioned he thought he knew what pressure was but nothing like playing at Indiana. Credited De'ron and Zach with keeping his head on straight as well as Troy and Yogi. 

Always forget these guys are just kids too. 

18 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Pardon the quality of the shot, I am nursing a hangover and just zoomed in on the television from my couch.

This was a candid glance at the tale end of a moment Romeo shared with Juwan the second before a free throw. Juwan had just said something to someone across the lane and smiled, then Romeo came into frame and had this look of what I believe to be admiration. 

Dunno, I just caught it and it warmed my heart a bit, it being senior day and all. Plus, I’m loving this team and how they seem to genuinely love playing with one another now.

OMG....I saw the exact same thing and was thinking...Im gonna go back a take a pic. You beat me to it!

23 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

Romeo is one of many. Anybody that doesnt have appreciation for Juwan, the player and person, needs to just go away somewhere.

I wish we had more success. But I am hard pressed to think of anybody that represents IU any better. And there is a long list of great Hoosiers.

24 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Did Fitzner not acknowledge Archie during his senior speech or did I miss it?

Thought the same thing...He didn't say his name, but thanked all coaching staff. He specifically mentioned the assistants, mainly. Obviously had a bond and deeper relationship with the other coaches......or he was just nervous.

Archived