Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rico said:

Well Dakich better be worried about keeping a job....

That was also the major of Victor Oladipo, which is the guy I'd worry about someday if I were Dak.  Good thing he has that whole NBA thing to keep him occupied for a few more years.

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure if it's just the angle of the photo, the look in the eyes or what, but there's something about that shot that reminds me just how young Romeo is.  As insanely talented as he is, he's still a 19 year old kid. 

That hit me as well. Here is is zoomed in even more. Romeo is a freaking baby. We forget that sometimes.

Screenshot_20190310-142133_Samsung Internet.jpg

19 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I really appreciated Settles praises of IU and his strong pitch for them to be in the dance, but with all due respect Steubenhoosier, I could care less what DD had to say about IU.

I don’t care what Dakich has to say either. 

I meant that I would like to hear Settles set him straight on a few things 

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t care what Dakich has to say either. 

I meant that I would like to hear Settles set him straight on a few things 

Dakich actually said we are playing the best of anyone in the conference and can see us making a run. 

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm going to repost this anytime someone says that all one-and-dones are all out for themselves, can't play within the team, too egotistical, blah blah blah. 

If this is his only season here, it wasn't just a place he could showcase his potential.  Romeo Langford made Indiana better, and Indiana made Romeo Langford better. 

Juwan helped take pressure off of Romeo, and provided experience and leadership.  There's obviously a ton of respect there. They both demanded extra focus from defenses, and thus both benefited. What a great senior to learn from. Also, just a personal observation,  but it doesn't seem Romeo is a take charge, alpha type of leader. Nothing wrong with that.  But nice to have someone like Juwan there to compliment you. 

33 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Not sure if it's just the angle of the photo, the look in the eyes or what, but there's something about that shot that reminds me just how young Romeo is.  As insanely talented as he is, he's still a 19 year old kid. 

The look reminds me of a young fella looking to his older brother.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

That was also the major of Victor Oladipo, which is the guy I'd worry about someday if I were Dak.  Good thing he has that whole NBA thing to keep him occupied for a few more years.

Oh Lord tell me any Hoosier fan who wouldn’t want to listen to Vic over Dan... 🤪

This Senior Day seemed like it had more specific references to the Junior class than I can recall in some time.  .Might just be beer and I. Lol . 

It just felt like I was watching an unofficial passing of the torch happening.

Another convincing win around 90 points. The sample size for that Marquette game-level of play is starting to grow a little. 

So it doesn't get lost in the buzz of the moment, IU just took a win against 4 teams that have/had been playing mostly well, and in the 2 most recent games in which they were outshot from 3 point range. - albeit just barely today - they still won by comfortable margins.

2 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Not sure we've done enough to resurrect our postseason chances, but we are definitely playing the best that we have all season, and isn't that what the committee wants?

That's the thing. We'll see what committee looks at. They can't argue we don't have quality quad 1 wins. Big 10 best 4 game winning streak headed into tourney time. Sweep Sparty. I know we are 17-14 but we look every bit of a 9/10 seed right now. As bad as that sounds.....we should be in. 

2 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

This Senior Day seemed like it had more specific references to the Junior class than I can recall in some time.  .Might just be beer and I. Lol . 

It just felt like I was watching an unofficial passing of the torch happening. Another convincing win around 90 points. The sample size for that Marquette game-level of play is starting to grow a little. 

First ever game at Assembly Hall was Senior Day in 88. Trying year but I remember Smart saying in his comments the foundation has been put in place for those that follow once again. Can't help but think or hope that might be the case today. 

13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He’s a 6’10” stick of room temperature butter. He is too soft to play in the post in this league. 

Also, he’s not an athlete. 

You’re right, but credit to Evan, he was not afraid to get in there and battle against much bigger guys. Pretty sure he came out of today’s game with a little bit of a shiner.

Archived