Rutgers Postgame Thread

KDB

Pet Peeve #1 - The 30-40 people sitting around me in Assembly Hall today that made their way to their seats AFTER the opening tip.  it's a weekend.  No one is rushing to the game after work.  There is no reason that so many of you could not make it to your seat before the tip instead of disturbing the first 5 minutes of the game for everyone that did make the effort to get there on time.

Pet Peeve #2 - To those people that were in their seats 15 to 20 minutes before tip that decided the under 16 timeout in the first half was a great time to go to the concession stand.  Exactly what refreshments did you need 4 minutes into the game that you could not have gotten before the game started?

Rat over.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Pet Peeve #1 - The 30-40 people sitting around me in Assembly Hall today that made their way to their seats AFTER the opening tip.  it's a weekend.  No one is rushing to the game after work.  There is no reason that so many of you could not make it to your seat before the tip instead of disturbing the first 5 minutes of the game for everyone that did make the effort to get there on time.

Pet Peeve #2 - To those people that were in their seats 15 to 20 minutes before tip that decided the under 16 timeout in the first half was a great time to go to the concession stand.  Exactly what refreshments did you need 4 minutes into the game that you could not have gotten before the game started?

Rat over.

Hrm...noon tip on Sunday, God’s country, my guess would be church replacing work in your equation.

As always, I loved the senior speeches.  

The quote of the day was “DeRon has me as one of his emergency contacts”  

It’s the human side that always gets me and is so important. The acknowledgement of the managers, big props for them.

But most of all, especially as a parent, is the look of pride that the parents have.  It’s something else.  It’s like the television commercial where the kid is driving off to college but the parent sees the five year old talking.   

Juwan Morgan is an all time favorite of mine.  Maybe sometime this offseason, I will sketch out my all decade team, and maybe even the all 2000s team.  I think he makes both.  His character and attitude are top notch. 

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

As always, I loved the senior speeches.  

The quote of the day was “DeRon has me as one of his emergency contacts”  

It’s the human side that always gets me and is so important. The acknowledgement of the managers, big props for them.

But most of all, especially as a parent, is the look of pride that the parents have.  It’s something else.  It’s like the television commercial where the kid is driving off to college but the parent sees the five year old talking.   

Juwan Morgan is an all time favorite of mine.  Maybe sometime this offseason, I will sketch out my all decade team, and maybe even the all 2000s team.  I think he makes both.  His character and attitude are top notch. 

Yep...Juwan is a class young man, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Another solid performance today. Very few turnovers and shot it pretty well. D was solid as usual. Need to beat OSU. Beat them and don’t get smoked by MSU and i think we have a legit shot. Anybody know the stat on how many 15 loss teams have gotten in as an at-large?

Vanderbilt '17 and Georgia '07 I believe.

24 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Yep...Juwan is a class young man, in my opinion. 

Though Juwan is from Waynesville, Missouri.  Just outside of Fort Leonard Wood, where I got my advanced infantry training while in the Army. I just figured it was due to his dad. Not until recently, when I read his mom was a drill sergeant at Fort Leonard, was I aware.  Mom got Juwan up at 3 in the morning and took him with there for PT, with the soldiers.  And said, all Juwan knew was discipline.   So impressed by that family. 

Tugged at the heart strings to see Juwan walk off like that. So glad his last basket was a nasty dunk.

Behind Vic, Juwan is my all time favorite hoosier. I so hope we see him around in one way or another with the program. Only excuse I'll take is he can't find time because of his NBA schedule.

OSU should be scared. We look totally different this month.

5 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Pardon the quality of the shot, I am nursing a hangover and just zoomed in on the television from my couch.

This was a candid glance at the tale end of a moment Romeo shared with Juwan the second before a free throw. Juwan had just said something to someone across the lane and smiled, then Romeo came into frame and had this look of what I believe to be admiration. 

Dunno, I just caught it and it warmed my heart a bit, it being senior day and all. Plus, I’m loving this team and how they seem to genuinely love playing with one another now.

1F5061F6-AA8E-4ABC-997D-0988491883D9.jpeg

I keep pressing the pause bars but nothing happens.  Must be my senior moment.

Great win on senior night! So happy that Juwan got to go out like that for his last game, and so fun to see this team bounce back these last four games. So pumped for Thursday!

On the speeches, they’re always good, but I’m actually always a little surprised, even in years past, how the guys seem to just gloss over the head coach so quickly. I feel like at other places, especially with the sort of “headline” senior you see a little emotion when speaking about the relationship with the head coach. 

Also, in the past didn’t the coach say a few words/introduce each senior?

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Rat over.

Had a rat terrorizing my house, living in the spaces I couldn't get to. He finally stepped into an old school spring trap two days ago. RAT OVER!

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He’s a 6’10” stick of room temperature butter. He is too soft to play in the post in this league. 

Also, he’s not an athlete. 

I would venture to say he's a lot more of an athlete than you ever thought of being.

Taking shots at college kids doing their best is softer than room temperature butter. 

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I have a little love/hate relationship with senior day. I had my first date with my wife 30 years ago today.  But I have had some good things happen too.

That's funny. Small world.   Your wife and I had OUR first date 4 years ago today.  

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Great win on senior night! So happy that Juwan got to go out like that for his last game, and so fun to see this team bounce back these last four games. So pumped for Thursday!

On the speeches, they’re always good, but I’m actually always a little surprised, even in years past, how the guys seem to just gloss over the head coach so quickly. I feel like at other places, especially with the sort of “headline” senior you see a little emotion when speaking about the relationship with the head coach. 

Also, in the past didn’t the coach say a few words/introduce each senior?

This was my first Senior Day in person.  To your point,  I was surprised Archie didn't say a few words about each of them.  It will be interesting to see when Archie's first class are seniors whether there will be a little bit more sentiment between players and coach.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This was my first Senior Day in person.  To your point,  I was surprised Archie didn't say a few words about each of them.  It will be interesting to see when Archie's first class are seniors whether there will be a little bit more sentiment between players and coach.  

I think that the sentiment is there.  I don't think the public speeches are Archie's style.  Give Crean a mic and he's happier than a hog in mud.  And as much as he loathed the media, RMK would talk all day so long as it was his speech.  Archie strikes me as one that would rather be out of the spotlight. 

Archived