2019 Big Ten Tournament

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss all thing BTT. Who is your favorite to win it all? Thoughts on the IU matchup? Game day discussions. And, of course, puns!

I just ordered my tickets for the Thursday am session. Found lower level sec 113 for $80 (inc all fees)/ ticket. Those are some pretty good seats. 

Bracket- https://bigten.org/documents/2018/9/10/2019_Big_Ten_Tournament_Bracket.pdf

Website/ matchups/ game times- https://bigten.org/sports/2018/9/10/MBB_0910182437.aspx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

Anyone think we can beat msu 3 times? That would be really challenging and would be the game that probably punches our dance card not matter what.

Sure...it's always possible.  Deep in my gut, I don't believe it would happen.  We have to take care of the Bucknuts first.  And I thought someone said that Wesson will be back for them.  No easy games with one and done.  We just need to keep playing as we have for the last four games.  I'm not going to lose sleep if we don't get into the ncaa tournament.

43 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

Anyone think we can beat msu 3 times? That would be really challenging and would be the game that probably punches our dance card not matter what.

I daresay I have viewed more college BB games than most of the great folks on this wonderful forum.  Having said that, I have to say that in all those years, it has been my experience that is very difficult to beat a QUALITY team, 3 times in one season.  And I stress quality, which MSU is.  Has it been done before ?  Yes.  But just as much teams have failed to meet this test.  

Having said that.  IU is playing the BEST basketball of the season.  And there is no reason not to expect a great game, should we get there.

Also.  Since this is a BTT thread. Been thinking about this. And I am glad IU will get a first round bye.  One more day of rest and practice.. and enough opportunities to pick up more wins on our quest to the Dance. 

Lastly.  A milehi salute to Reacher for starting this thread.  I expect it to explode, as I do with our Hoosiers !

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I daresay I have viewed more college BB games than most of the great folks on this wonderful forum.  Having said that, I have to say that in all those years, it has been my experience that is very difficult to beat a QUALITY team, 3 times in one season.  And I stress quality, which MSU is.  Has it been done before ?  Yes.  But just as much teams have failed to meet this test.  

Having said that.  IU is playing the BEST basketball of the season.  And there is no reason not to expect a great game, should we get there.

Also.  Since this is a BTT thread. Been thinking about this. And I am glad IU will get a first round bye.  One more day of rest and practice.. and enough opportunities to pick up more wins on our quest to the Dance. 

Lastly.  A milehi salute to Reacher for starting this thread.  I expect it to explode, as I do with our Hoosiers !

We beat michigan 3 times on the way to a national title 

2 hours ago, Riverrat said:

I know the NET vs RPI changes the perspective, but based on history IU needs to win two to have a chance to get in! That being said, I think this Hoosier squad can do the unthinkable and win the BIG tourney!

2 hours ago, Riverrat said:

I just want to see Izzo’s postgame press conference if we get to play and beat them again.  He looked like someone killed his dog the last two press conferences, so I’d like to see how his demeanor would be a third time.

7 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I just want to see Izzo’s postgame press conference if we get to play and beat them again.  He looked like someone killed his dog the last two press conferences, so I’d like to see how his demeanor would be a third time.

Imagine if we beat them again and then Keion announced for IU a few hours later. 

45 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I know the NET vs RPI changes the perspective, but based on history IU needs to win two to have a chance to get in! That being said, I think this Hoosier squad can do the unthinkable and win the BIG tourney!

I think we beat OSU and we're in.  Why does everyone have Texas in and not us?  Did they play a tougher schedule and have more quality wins?

I see that they beat UNC, Purdue, and Kansas.  But they also lost to Georgia by double digits.  That alone should eliminate them.

Beating OSU will be tough, I expect Wesson back. But we are peaking and that game is definitely winnable. 

If we get past MSU, then I think we will be seeing the Hoosiers play on Sunday. Maryland or Wisconsin would be the likely semi final opponent and I’d put my money on IU. 

46 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I just want to be at the press conference, it would be an opportunity for me to smack Izzo upside the head.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Sometimes you just have a team's number, hopefully we make it to Sparty to see if we have theirs.

Sometimes you match up well with a team...and I think that we match up with Sparty pretty well. They don't have a ton of length (which gives us trouble) and their point guard is their key. Winston got 26 in the first game and 20 in the second, but I think Rob and Devonte will do a better job on him if we see them again. 

They're not deep either, while we're at our healthiest and deepest all year. Maybe we can make them "run out of gas" again. 

Love the way IU is playing. We still see some of the issues we had earlier in the season, but far less often. Green and Smith have been huge contributors without trying to force things. If they keep playing that way, we can be a really dangerous team...in the BTT and beyond

Archived