2019 Big Ten Tournament

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

I recommend Drambuie...good stuff!

I'm not much of a Scotch (or in Drambuie's case, Scotch-derived liquour) drinker. 

If I'm drinking it straight, Buffalo Trace or Booker's.  Mixed (splash of tonic water being my preference), Maker's or Woodford.

Hey, Bourbon is one of the few (maybe the only) good things about Kentucky.  May as well enjoy it while I'm here. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm not much of a Scotch (or in Drambuie's case, Scotch-derived liquour) drinker. 

If I'm drinking it straight, Buffalo Trace or Booker's.  Mixed (splash of tonic water being my preference), Maker's or Woodford.

Hey, Bourbon is one of the few (maybe the only) good things about Kentucky.  May as well enjoy it while I'm here. 🤣

How long are you in for?

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I sense a limerick in the making...

There once was a man named Sambowie
Whose legs were put together all screwy
Portland thought his success was foregone,
When they should have picked Jordon,
And looking back, all they can say is "Aw, phooey".

32 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Four Roses single barrel or small batch, 1792 and Elijah Craig small batch are some of my favorites.

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

There once was a man named Sambowie
Whose legs were put together all screwy
Portland thought his success was foregone,
When they should have picked Jordon,
And looking back, all they can say is "Aw, phooey".

LOL.......first puns and now limericks.  God, I love this bar!

1 minute ago, rico said:

LOL.......first puns and now limericks.  God, I love this bar!

It's the postseason now.  Gotta switch it up. 

I'll have to bust out the full-blown parodies if we make the tournament.  I think this was back on HSNv2, but for the 2012 tournament game vs eweK, I wrote two full parodys of Devil Went Down To Georgia/Devil Came Back To Georgia, complete with Teflon John as the Devil (not much of a stretch....). 

8 minutes ago, Chase6 said:

Speaking of alcohol, anyone know if they will be selling it at the United Center during the tournament? I know they haven't in the past but feel like maybe that's changed within the past year or so....

Glad to see you got your priorities straight.......and I have no idea.  Take a flask with you just in case.

12 hours ago, Milehi Fan said:

I just want to beat OSU before I start dreaming about beating MSU for a 3rd time this year.

Understood, but just discussing the possibility of playing them the 3rd time.

I don't think beating OSU is a gimme by any stretch of the imagination. They've been very streaky in B10 play, and taking Bucky to OT yesterday before losing shows they're not rolling over. That, coupled with getting an emotional lift from the return of Wesson, is going make this a really tough game. Should be one of the most competitive games of the BTT with what's at stake

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think we beat OSU and we're in.  Why does everyone have Texas in and not us?  Did they play a tougher schedule and have more quality wins?

I see that they beat UNC, Purdue, and Kansas.  But they also lost to Georgia by double digits.  That alone should eliminate them.

Same thing with Florida. 

12 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Four Roses single barrel or small batch, 1792 and Elijah Craig small batch are some of my favorites.

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

1792 is good stuff as well.  1792 Full Proof packs a wollop. 

Hoosiers don’t know what good bourbon is all about. 

Blanton’s

Michter’s 10

Weller Antique

EHT Single Barrel

Did you say Maker’s Zlinedavid? 

Archived