#1 seeds

rico

Not sure how it will happen but I know Duke will get a 2 seed and be in same region as weakest 3 seed who will somehow lose to either 14 seed or 6/11 winner. Probably be put in same region as Gonzaga (as a 1 seed) and Duke won't have a tough game until first Saturday in April. Haha.

I heard Jay Williams bloviating about the ACC possibly getting 3 #1 seeds the other day on ESPN. He said MSU was out because of "2 bad losses to Indiana."

I think Jay is just mad because he made a fool of himself on college game day when IU went to East Lansing. Remember his dramatic "Superman" shirt opening revealing Sparty to win? How'd that turn out, Jay?

Or maybe he's still haunted by the ghost of 2002 😮

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I heard Jay Williams bloviating about the ACC possibly getting 3 #1 seeds the other day on ESPN. He said MSU was out because of "2 bad losses to Indiana."

I think Jay is just mad because he made a fool of himself on college game day when IU went to East Lansing. Remember his dramatic "Superman" shirt opening revealing Sparty to win? How'd that turn out, Jay?

Or maybe he's still haunted by the ghost of 2002 😮

Probably those or just taking a jab at his Carmel native/IU grad and now wife Nikki. 

Can we add discussion here on B1G seeding?

I'll start with guesses, not looking at prognosticators.  

Msu tbd- 2 -4, if they lose to IU again and now I'm hearing committee only factors injuries of players that are returning. 

Michigan 3-2.  Can play up this week. 

Purdue, 3, + -1.

Wisconsin, five or six

Maryland 6 or 7

Iowa 9 seed can't see the committee holding out a team with that many wins in the Big Ten even with their skid they ate 9 matchup makes improve it right out of the gate. 

Indiana I think we RN as it stands but that bubble is getting harder thanks to Gonzaga.  Could be anywhere from a six if we win the tournament all the way down to an 11. 

Minnesota can play their way in or maybe they already are I haven't been drooling over fake brackets from fake bracketologist.

I think the Big Ten Tournament is Going to Be Wild and it's going to give the committee fits when seeding

18 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can we add discussion here on B1G seeding?

I'll start with guesses, not looking at prognosticators.  

Msu tbd- 2 -4, if they lose to IU again and now I'm hearing committee only factors injuries of players that are returning. 

Michigan 3-2.  Can play up this week. 

Purdue, 3, + -1.

Wisconsin, five or six

Maryland 6 or 7

Iowa 9 seed can't see the committee holding out a team with that many wins in the Big Ten even with their skid they ate 9 matchup makes improve it right out of the gate. 

Indiana I think we RN as it stands but that bubble is getting harder thanks to Gonzaga.  Could be anywhere from a six if we win the tournament all the way down to an 11. 

Minnesota can play their way in or maybe they already are I haven't been drooling over fake brackets from fake bracketologist.

I think the Big Ten Tournament is Going to Be Wild and it's going to give the committee fits when seeding

Where do you have O$U?

On 3/11/2019 at 6:20 PM, MSHoosier said:

Saw this story on SI.com. It doesn't really fit the topic of No.1 seeds, but it does speak to analytics and the favored teams to win based on defensive and offensive efficiency.  The big takeaway for me, and its something I've seen from us the last few games, you have to produce on both offense and defense.  I think the thing that has stood out to me during this winning streak is that IU is playing with confidence on offense, running and getting some easy baskets and not waiting until the shot clock runs down to take a shot. Increased offensive efficiency with continued great defense will win a championship. Go IU

https://watchstadium.com/news/one-of-these-nine-college-basketball-teams-will-win-the-national-championship-03-10-2019/

I wonder how IU stacks up against this list - based solely on games with the same number of players who are currently available over the past 4 and going into the BTT.

For the sake of discussion. - since IU still has a bid to earn.: 

Plus to give insight to the the " IU at near full roster strength is not to be underestimated should they fit the data" argument. Thanks in advance should anyone take it upon themselves to crunch the numbers and post the comparison to IU -in the context i gave here- before I have free time.

My hypothesis is that IU might belong on this list at it's current near full strength. That is my motive and it's totally rational to compare right now to the next closest games for IU as they are right now. BUT they have to win enough to secure a place , so first things first or I would do the math right now.

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I think the winner of Michigan.Vs Michigan State game today deserves a number one seed ! What do you think ??

I predict the locks for #1's are the Dukies and the Heels.  

The winner of  UM vs MSU - the only way I thought a B1G team had a chance was any combination of Purdue or Michigan playing Sparty in the BTT Final- gets one. 

For the last #1 seed , if the Vols win I think they get it . If they lose, I think UVA gets it by a hair over Gonzaga. .

Archived