Ohio State post game

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we should have been more worried about how we would come out and play than worry about whether the other bubble team would lose.  I just am very disappointed on how we came out and played in the first 30 minutes of this game and they should be embarrassed with that effort.  I have been patient and will stay that way but I am getting so tired of losing and being mediocre.

I disagree with the people who are saying we didn't play hard early - I think we played hard throughout, at lest on defense. 

We took a lot of bad shots, though that was in part because we couldn't get a good shot. 

I can't understand some of those turn overs. I can live with turnovers that come from aggression, but ours came on passes that even if they went through wouldn't have led to anything good. 

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

No, preference was given to a team deemed more likely to make the tourney.  It's that simple.  With all the corruption coming out these days, it's hard for me to not be skeptical about this stuff, particularly when the last four minutes when IU was destroying ohio state, every call went their way.

I think IU wins that game and they’re probably safely an 11 seed. OSU will need one more to get that high. Take off the tin foil hat 

3 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Ridiculous charge call to kill our momentum. Typical 

The circle under the basket is ruining the game because all the refs are looking at is if they are not in the circle and not if they are set.  It was obvious that Wesson moved underneath of Fitzner after he was up in the air.

4 minutes ago, Petertucky said:

These guys put themselves in a position where they could not hiccup, and they did.   Proud of the fight at the end.  So sorry for the team.

That is very well put. Despite the late game effort/heroics, I was let down by the team’s “hiccup” the first 34 minutes. 

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

I think IU wins that game and they’re probably safely an 11 seed. OSU will need one more to get that high. Take off the tin foil hat 

No tinfoil hat here; I don't think there is any conspiracy.  I just believe any time big money is involved, certain results are "encouraged." 

4 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

I disagree with the people who are saying we didn't play hard early - I think we played hard throughout, at lest on defense. 

We took a lot of bad shots, though that was in part because we couldn't get a good shot. 

I can't understand some of those turn overs. I can live with turnovers that come from aggression, but ours came on passes that even if they went through wouldn't have led to anything good. 

Sorry I’m here at the UC and they were flat and did not play hard until the last 5 mins of the game. 

Holtmann owns Archie. Plain and simple.

We had one of the most incredible runs we've had all year at the end there, and then we blow it. On top of not showing up for the first 33 minutes of the game to begin with. Hard to get excited about the NIT at this point. I'm pretty done with this team and this season.

Three things...what happened to the Justin Smith we saw in the last 4 games?

Was Romeo hurt? The announcers said they were looking at a back issue.

And when was the last time anyone on our team stood in front of somebody a took a charge? I can't remember hardly any this year.

Simply inexplicable to give the performance they gave today KNOWING it was a play in game!

NCAAT now off the table.

I really don't care if we are in the Nobody cares Tournament. I'm done for this year.  

Won't know till next year if anything improves.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The circle under the basket is ruining the game because all the refs are looking at is if they are not in the circle and not if they are set.  It was obvious that Wesson moved underneath of Fitzner after he was up in the air.

Announcers don't seem to understand that part of the rule. I agree that he was set when contact occurred, but no way he was set when Fitzner jumped. 

I don't know what the rule is, but that play towards the end when they boxed out Davis (keeping him away from the play, not just the rebound) while their guard was going into the lane, sure looked off to me. Again, an announcer that knows the rules and could explain them would be nice. 

I don't remember a lot of other bad calls though. I often complain about the refs, but I thought they did okay. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

And when was the last time anyone on our team stood in front of somebody a took a charge? I can't remember hardly any this year.

Romeo did. I can’t remember if it was the Illinois game or the Rutgers game, but the was the last time I remember one. 

I'm sorry, IU played like crap for the majority of the game, but the run at the end of the game ended like this:

- Gave ball back to OSU after a review showed them touching it, or at the very least wasn't conclusive: I mean, they literally showed the refs arguing about it.

- No call on two and one's

- BS charging call

- No call on one of the most obvious push-offs of the game

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Nothing happened, and that was part of the problem. 

Don't know, but hope not.

The last time McBob took one if I had to guess .

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

I didn't watch the game.....lucky me. Might be good for all of us to put this season behind us, not think much about IU basketball for a while,  and come back fresh in the fall. After tomorrow night, of course. 

I have a feeling that after tomorrow night we are really not going to want to think about IU basketball for a while. 😢

Archived