Ohio State post game

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He passed it to Davis. Davis made it and got hacked. When the whistle blew I thought it was an and one because of how long they took to call the charge. 

Oh, gotcha, my bad. I thought you meant an and one for Fitz. 

One question I have had all season is....with the Athletes Archie has on this team, why doesn’t he press more?  Especially when things were bogged down in the half court offense.  To me, it is the equivalent of going no huddle in football...it just speeds things up.  It just seems like this team was decent in transition but not very good in the half court.  Injuries have a role in it I am sure.....

9 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I was listening to Fisch along with watching so I didn’t hear the announcers but Fisch couldn’t believe it either

I haven't seen a definitive answer on either of the forums I visit. I can't imagine that there hasn't been an incidence of someone falling down on a play like that, either.

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

It's a bummer we didn't capitalize the opportunity of having Romeo. It must feel terrible to play in the NIT. 

Romeo is by all accounts a great kid. I’m glad he chose IU. But I’ve not personally been impressed by his play all season. Maybe it’s the system or the players he was playing with. I hope he has a better time of it in the NBA. No one player can be the savior of a team. I guess I just thought he would be a consistent scorer game in and game out instead of disappear for long stretches of many games. 

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Let me give you eight AWFUL calls that without question changed the game. 

1) Romeo got fouled late in the first half. He lost the ball and it led to a layup. There was no whistle. 

2) Green got hit in the face and lost the ball, again no foul. Again, layup. 

3) Al Durham drives from the right wing, loses the ball but has two players fall on top of him. No foul, no travel, just a whistle to stop play and reward OSU with the ball. 

4) Al Durham drives up the middle, gets hammered on a made layup. No call. 

5) Al Durham drives baseline, gets hammered on a made layup. No call. Al and Archie both scream at the refs. 

6) Romeo guarding (I believe Jackson) gets shoved 5 feet off of his spot. No call on a made shot that extended the lead late. 

7) Fitzner gets called for a charge that would have been an And One. Wesson slid under him when he was in the air. 

😎OSU traveled on the inbounds. Should have been our ball down two under the basket with three seconds left. The kid fell down and threw it from his butt. 

Pretty sure Wesson got rid of it before his butt hit the ground. 

Whenever Bo Boroski officiates your game, you know you’re in for a long afternoon/night. 

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

Yeah, Bo sucks is a pretty universal sentiment among all B1G fans.

I actually used to work with him at a golf course when I was in high school. Had no idea that he officiated until years later. Would’ve been interesting working with him if I knew he was a terrible official. 

That was a pathetic performance for 33-35 minutes. Really, really bad. We played like the team from January in the biggest game of the year. What were some of those turnovers and shots? Just absolutely brain-dead passes and shots.

We also played like a team with a freshmen backcourt in the biggest game of the year. While Indiana is responsible for it's poor play and put themselves in a bad position, I also thought the officiating was absolutely atrocious. Phinisee and Durham were getting bumped all night going to the basket, not blatant fouls but definitely fouls that could be called and bumped those guys off their shots. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Pretty sure it's still a travel if you fall, but I could be wrong. 

I went to a few web sites on rules. Not one mentions falling on a throw in. One said you can never be called for travel on a throw in after a made basket. I guess falling would be covered under the word "Never"

I'll be done after this, but it's just so frustrating in terms of the way IU played. If we had played well and lost a close game, fine. But, we played terrible, completely opposite of how we've played the last 4-5 games. Much like last years BTT, after playing so well in Feb to end the season, we completely laid an egg. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'll be done after this, but it's just so frustrating in terms of the way IU played. If we had played well and lost a close game, fine. But, we played terrible, completely opposite of how we've played the last 4-5 games. Much like last years BTT, after playing so well in Feb to end the season, we completely laid an egg. 

Just read an article where multiple players after the game admitted the energy level wasn't where it should be at the start of the game. I just don't get how that happens. At all. This team has been absolutely baffling since January with respect to their mentality, and to not be ready for a game with your season on the line is just unexcusable. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

We're still a deeply flawed team. Our best player can only go right and he can't shoot. Our second best player is undersized and can't shoot. If you were choosing sides you would never pick those two to play together. If you had to you would then surround them with shooters - our guys can't shoot. As much as I hated the shots we were taking, we had a lot of open looks early: wish we had guys that could make them.

30 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Just read an article where multiple players after the game admitted the energy level wasn't where it should be at the start of the game. I just don't get how that happens. At all. This team has been absolutely baffling since January with respect to their mentality, and to not be ready for a game with your season on the line is just unexcusable. 

I was at work and have not seen the game, but based on what was said in the game thread, I believe it.  How that can happen, I have no idea.  More than anything next season, I want to see a team that gives full effort 100% of the time.  If we still lose because we're not good enough, so be it.  But, giving max effort and losing is better than giving half-donkey effort and losing.  

Went into radio silence mode since 12:30 to make it home and watch this game on dvr. Haven't read a thing on the board yet, but I'm so disappointed how we all too quickly regressed right back into the team that struggled throughout the winter right from the beginning of the game. The endless turnovers (some of which were stupefyingly bad) just killed us throughout the game. The quick perimeter shots...lack of cutting...lack of passing...not getting on the floor after 50/50 balls. All the bad habits came right back and put the game out of reach ultimately.

Nice run at the end but it was too little too late. Such a disappointing way to end the our NCAA push. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure Wesson got rid of it before his butt hit the ground. 

Whenever Bo Boroski officiates your game, you know you’re in for a long afternoon/night. 

We got boroski sooo many games this year. It was awful to watch 

Archived