Ohio State post game

54 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Just read an article where multiple players after the game admitted the energy level wasn't where it should be at the start of the game. I just don't get how that happens. At all. This team has been absolutely baffling since January with respect to their mentality, and to not be ready for a game with your season on the line is just unexcusable. 

I have no idea, but surely they have bed checks?  Could these guys be out the night before early games?

I just don't know if we have a roster of guys that are winners, which requires a winner's mentality.  Not having the will to prepare to win, not getting into good habits that lead to winning, hating to lose, mental is to physical as 4 is to 1, etc.

I am still at the office and listened to Fisch but haven't seen it yet.  But from other posters, it doesn't sound like the team played hard, tough, and smart.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I actually used to work with him at a golf course when I was in high school. Had no idea that he officiated until years later. Would’ve been interesting working with him if I knew he was a terrible official. 

Interesting, is he from the Carmel/Indy area? He seems to be out of his league reffing.

The amount of talent streaming out of Carmel in both football and basketball recently has been astounding.  They still have the one school?

Just want to give props to Devonte. He played the game of his life in IU's most important game of the year. Yes, he had some bad turnovers that led to points, but he was the guy who picked them up when down 20 and almost pulled out a win. He played hard and energized the guys on the court with him.

I've been critical of him at times this year, but he was player of the game.

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

Just read an article where multiple players after the game admitted the energy level wasn't where it should be at the start of the game. I just don't get how that happens. At all. This team has been absolutely baffling since January with respect to their mentality, and to not be ready for a game with your season on the line is just unexcusable. 

They had absolutely NO energy. Being at the UC, it was a huge pro IU crowd. I was in a section with nobody but IU fans. Everyone was disappointed. A lot of standing and watching. Just no emotion or motivation until it was too late. It was so disappointing and inexcusable. OSU came out pretty flat themselves but really started to pick it up towards the latter part of the first half. Second half until 5 mins to go it was more of the same from IU.  The fans in my section were baffled...lots of yelling and complaining. People are tired of the losing and complacency of this program. 

11 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

They had absolutely NO energy. Being at the UC, it was a huge pro IU crowd. I was in a section with nobody but IU fans. Everyone was disappointed. A lot of standing and watching. Just no emotion or motivation until it was too late. It was so disappointing and inexcusable. OSU came out pretty flat themselves but really started to pick it up towards the latter part of the first half. Second half until 5 mins to go it was more of the same from IU.  The fans in my section were baffled...lots of yelling and complaining. People are tired of the losing and complacency of this program. 

It certainly looked that way on TV, too. I mean, let's face it - that's the team we watched for almost 2 months during that losing streak. If it wasn't for Devonte (and it's pretty shocking that I'm typing this), we lose by 20.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Yeah, would've liked to see more Race once you could see it just wasn't Justin's day.  He had a very good stretch the last few games, but didn't look the same today.  If not for being Boroskied, DeRon with Juwan could've been a great combo in stretches. 

To be fair, we went with Fitzner who had a very solid game. 

Am I the only person who loved Archie not changing the lineup during the run? I don't know a lot of coaches that wouldn't have put Morgan back in but it was absolutely the right decision. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

To be fair, we went with Fitzner who had a very solid game. 

Am I the only person who loved Archie not changing the lineup during the run? I don't know a lot of coaches that wouldn't have put Morgan back in but it was absolutely the right decision. 

Both good points.  Fitzner hit a couple big shots.  His defense and lack of rebounding are always a huge liability. But once he hits his first three, agreed that he can be an asset. 

50 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Interesting, is he from the Carmel/Indy area? He seems to be out of his league reffing.

The amount of talent streaming out of Carmel in both football and basketball recently has been astounding.  They still have the one school?

Yep still just one high school. I think he’s from Broad Ripple. 

12 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

It certainly looked that way on TV, too. I mean, let's face it - that's the team we watched for almost 2 months during that losing streak. If it wasn't for Devonte (and it's pretty shocking that I'm typing this), we lose by 20.

I’m with you...he made some really bone headed plays. Archie came out on the court during a tv timeout with his hands up just staring at Devonte. But without him, IU isn’t even in the game little lone making a comeback to make the last 5 mins interesting. D is not me favorite player. Most of the time I’m yelling when he comes in the game. But I did appreciate his effort today. He, Fitz, and De’Ron came to play. The rest showed up in spurts. Juwan had a few moments here or there...surprised how flat and lifeless he seemed most of the game. Romeo decided to join the party with a minute left. We needed his aggressiveness all game. So many in my section commented on how uninspired he played (granted it wasn’t just him) and how unimpressed with his play they were. Romeo’s a good kid...loads of god given talent but I just don’t see how he’s a lottery pick RIGHT NOW. Potentially yes but so much work to do. He has to learn not to disappear in games and to FIND a way to help the team. Taking 3s, making bad passes, and standing around doesn’t cut it. I don’t think he’s coming back and that’s ok but I sure hope he figures it out at the next level because he really has just too much talent to be a bust. 

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think he’s from Broad Ripple. 

Yep. And I’d like to add that he’s a good dude. Also, he’s surrounded by friends and family who are big IU fans, so trust me, he doesnt have it out for us despite what some may think. Reffing is a tough job - take for instance that charge against Fitzner, making that call in real time isn’t easy. There’s even debate on this thread whether that was or wasn’t a charge after we saw a replay in slow motion and from different angles. Not saying you can’t be critical, just offering a little perspective. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I think I have come up with what is wrong with IU basketball program.  I think RMK put a curse on I  after he was fired so we need to find out how to reverse that curse. LOL!

Took the Cubs like 100 years to break their curse? Hopefully, IU can break it sooner!! 

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Yep. And I’d like to add that he’s a good dude. Also, he’s surrounded by friends and family who are big IU fans, so trust me, he doesnt have it out for us despite what some may think. Reffing is a tough job - take for instance that charge against Fitzner, making that call in real time isn’t easy. There’s even debate on this thread whether that was or wasn’t a charge after we saw a replay in slow motion and from different angles. Not saying you can’t be critical, just offering a little perspective. 

So what you are saying, is that in order to not look like a homer, he errors on the side against IU? That is still a BIAS my friend!

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So what you are saying, is that in order to not look like a homer, he errors on the side against IU? That is still a BIAS my friend!

You may want to re-read my post because I didn’t say that. I said he doesn’t have it out for us. Nowhere did I say that he favors us. 

3 hours ago, IUfan93 said:

Romeo is by all accounts a great kid. I’m glad he chose IU. But I’ve not personally been impressed by his play all season. Maybe it’s the system or the players he was playing with. I hope he has a better time of it in the NBA. No one player can be the savior of a team. I guess I just thought he would be a consistent scorer game in and game out instead of disappear for long stretches of many games. 

I’m with you on this. I really think that some guys have a hard time handling adversity when you’ve always won. seems he struggled with bigger, stronger, faster. I’m glad I got to watch him at IU. I just expected more of a Game in game out dominant impact on the team

I posted yesterday that i was encouraged by the offensive efficiency over the last few games. Guess I spoke too soon.  I only got to see the first half and I was amazed at how bad we were offensively. When we weren't dribbling into traffic and turning it over we were shooting some bricks from three. Very disappointing that Archie didn't have them prepared to look for the three early.  You knew OSU was going to pack the paint, but we came out totally unprepared to shoot. No confidence.  Speaking of confidence, you knew Smith was going to have a bad game when he missed two relatively makeable drives to basket  early.

Alright I am calmed down after that pathetic performance.  Hey Juwan, I am talking to you.  You too Romeo.  You two stunk it up today.  You guys are our studs and in a game of this importance that is what you bring?  Pitiful.  Oh, and hey coach Miller what were you doing?  Your season is on the line and you change nothing.  Ponderous.  Now I am ready to stroke out...again.

Archived