Ohio State post game

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Ridiculous charge call to kill our momentum. Typical 

I’m as much of a homer as the next guy but how was that a bad call?  That was a dumb charge by Fitzner.  Should have pulled up and dumped it off, he just went in out of control and the OSU goon made a good play

4 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I didn't watch the game.....lucky me. Might be good for all of us to put this season behind us, not think much about IU basketball for a while,  and come back fresh in the fall. After tomorrow night, of course. 

No matter how upset I get with the team and the losses I will never stop loving IU basketball and will be right back for next season.  If IU losing is the worst thing to happen to us in our lives I think we should all be happy.  There are plenty of people in this world who couldn't care less if IU lost today.  There are homeless people out there living under a bridge who probably couldn't care less about this outcome.  there are parents who are sitting along their sick child in a hospital room battling terrible illnesses who don't care that we lost. I just guess what I am trying to say that at the end of the day this outcome does not matter to what is really important in life.

4 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I’m as much of a homer as the next guy but how was that a bad call?  That was a dumb charge by Fitzner.  Should have pulled up and dumped it off, he just went in out of control and the OSU goon made a good play

Because Wesson slid underneath him after he was up in the air.  it is a text book blocking foul but refs don't look at that anymore but all they look at is if their feet is not in the circle.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No matter how upset I get with the team and the losses I will never stop loving IU basketball and will be right back for next season.  If IU losing is the worst thing to happen to us in our lives I think we should all be happy.  There are plenty of people in this world who couldn't care less if IU lost today.  There are homeless people out there living under a bridge who probably couldn't care less about this outcome.  there are parents who are sitting along their sick child in a hospital room battling terrible illnesses who don't care that we lost. I just guess what I am trying to say that at the end of the day this outcome does not matter to what is really important in life.

Just let people vent they way they want Scott.  Everyone doesn't always have to have an answer to every post trying to sway the way they feel.  Sometimes you just let people be upset, mad, happy, optimistic, pessimistic, or outright out of their minds.  Most of the time, people don't want an answer to their post,  just a place to vent

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Very well point. Thank you for putting it all in perspective, and I’m right there with you sir. I will be back and watching every game loving Hoosiers basketball. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Because Wesson slid underneath him after he was up in the air.  it is a text book blocking foul but refs don't look at that anymore but all they look at is if their feet is not in the circle.

I just rewatched it and it honestly looked like a good call to me.  Wesson has stopped moving and fitzner had a foot on the ground and plowed into him after taking a step.  Tough call to make but not horrible.  Timing of the call is what hurts.  The two I don’t get are A) the obvious intentional arm hook by Jallow on Juwan and B) the 2 guys that land on Al and then OSU gets the ball....there wasn’t a foul in there somewhere?  Oyyyy

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Very well point. Thank you for putting it all in perspective, and I’m right there with you sir. I will be back and watching every game loving Hoosiers basketball. 

I think most of us know that losing a basketball game is very low in the problems of the world.  But most watch basketball for the enjoyment and get invested and when they lose, it can hurt from very little to very much depending on your fandom.  But its an internet forum where people just want to talk basketball and find a group of people who feel like they do to celebrate and commiserate with.  Most don't come here to be told that what they feel is irrelevant compared to the suffering of the world, i think most of us get that

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think most of us know that losing a basketball game is very low in the problems of the world.  But watch basketball for enjoyment and get invested and when they lose, it can hurt from very little to very much depending on your fandom.  But its an internet forum where people just want to talk basketball and find a group of people who feel like they do to celebrate and commiserate with.  Most don't come here to be told that what they feel is irrelevant compared to the suffering of the world, i think most of us get that

Not saying people don’t get that. Wasn’t trying to attack anyone I love this board and enjoy the members on it. Way more civilized then what you get on the rivals board. Have you taken a look at that one?

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

Not saying people don’t get that. Wasn’t trying to attack anyone I love this board and enjoy the members on it. Way more civilized then what you get on the rivals board. Have you taken a look at that one?

I stay away from Rivals.  I like the civility of this board.  Could be more open minded to those who are not all sunshine and puppies but its a good board either way

6 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I just rewatched it and it honestly looked like a good call to me.  Wesson has stopped moving and fitzner had a foot on the ground and plowed into him after taking a step.  Tough call to make but not horrible.  Timing of the call is what hurts.  The two I don’t get are A) the obvious intentional arm hook by Jallow on Juwan and B) the 2 guys that land on Al and then OSU gets the ball....there wasn’t a foul in there somewhere?  Oyyyy

Nope, still sliding to his left when Fitzner was up in the air.  Also I agree with you on the other two.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, but I have found some solace...

I've come to the conclusion that Archie Miller is the right guy for IU. He's a grinder. We know he can do the X's and Os. We know he can recruit. The last check box for me was, how does he handle egos/injuries/adversity/descension within the team. 

Even through the losing streak, he said, "we just have to go back out there and compete. In practice and in games." He didn't come apart and lose the team. He ground it out.

The further he can develop "his" culture, the more we will win. He's a young guy who will only get better with time.

Go IU!

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I think most of us know that losing a basketball game is very low in the problems of the world.  But most watch basketball for the enjoyment and get invested and when they lose, it can hurt from very little to very much depending on your fandom.  But its an internet forum where people just want to talk basketball and find a group of people who feel like they do to celebrate and commiserate with.  Most don't come here to be told that what they feel is irrelevant compared to the suffering of the world, i think most of us get that

Well when I was younger I would have been upset for days and let it effect the people around me because I hated losing so myc.  Today I really try not to let this effect me for that long and try to move on.

5 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I left that site for good the day after we lost at Iowa and won't go back.  that place is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to this fan base and arte a disgrace.

Archived