Everything NIT

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We were a three Crean’s last year when we had no shot at making the tournament, so I would say two.  I honestly wouldn’t be shocked with a one. 

Does Cool Daddy Fred let us play at home?  

Already been said we would play and host if asked. reported by the Star.

Agree...the NIT talk is premature.  I think it's probably 60/40 at the moment but also depends on how the rest of the week goes for other bubble teams.  A close loss to Ohio State on a neutral court is not terrible.  Disappointing, yes, but not terrible.

A pumpkin SEED because the clock struck 12 today on this IU cinderella.  I thought (and posted in chat at the end of the Rutgers game) that IU had redeemed itself regardless of the outcome against OSU.  Having watched that mess of a game today I can't justify the post I made in the chat.  It is not that IU lost to OSU today by 4 points but the manner in which they returned to the same nonchalant, apathetic level of effort and energy that disappointed and frustrated IU fans all season long.  I expected a very challenging game today and I knew IU could come out on the wrong end of the final score.  What I did not expect was the return to form of the 12 loss Hoosiers from weeks ago.  Mind boggling to the point I have the same attitude about IU in the NIT as the team displayed out on the floor today . . . I may show up (to watch) or perhaps not because I just really do not care enough to put forth an effort at this point.

17 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I am actually not sure we are going to the NIT. I think we have a decent shot at going dancing still. Bracket Matrix agrees. 

I'm going to be surprised if we get picked -- but honestly, we should.

The length of the losing streak looks terrible. Bilas (who I used to respect, and have grown to find incredibly annoying, self-centered and a Duke-favoring elitist) just says, too many losses. And it is 15. But objectively we had a hell of a schedule, a gauntlet, and despite the 4-point neutral OSU loss, we have very, very good wins over multiple tourney teams/quad 1's, etc.

I'm also going to be honest about the NIT. I don't care.

29 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm also going to be honest about the NIT. I don't care.

In some ways, the NIT is more of a punishment for the players than no postseason at all.  I look forward to Archie using it as a motivational tool for next season.  Definitely want to see Race get 25+ minutes if the NIT is where we end up.

Archived