Everything NIT

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

That’s the kind of thing I was referencing above about the committee being consistent. If Texas is in, we have to be. If quad one wins put Seton Hall or someone else in and we are not and someone like Clemson is with 1 quad 1 win, that will drive me nuts. 

For the record, I don’t think we are in. 

I don't think we should be in either but if some people thinks Texas should be in then we should be in before them.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Interesting, but there is still chatter about IU getting an NCAA bid. I don't think it will happen, but we are still being talked about. It will ultimately come down to what the committee places the most emphasis on. I feel like IU had a good mixture of SOS and Quad success. I think Delphi had us as first 4 out as of this AM

Seems to be where most have us. We have about a 20% chance I'd say. 

It’s going to be close. I think IU still has a shot with how these games are going. We are first 4 out or last 4 in. I didn’t think we had a shot after the OSU game. However those quad 1 wins against some of these other bubble teams will greatly help. If the committee values that a great deal we may sneak in.

10 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

It’s going to be close. I think IU still has a shot with how these games are going. We are first 4 out or last 4 in. I didn’t think we had a shot after the OSU game. However those quad 1 wins against some of these other bubble teams will greatly help. If the committee values that a great deal we may sneak in.

Makes the OSU game even more frustrating because it shows a win there would have made IU a lock. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Makes the OSU game even more frustrating because it shows a win there would have made IU a lock. 

Doesn't this simply encapsulate the frustration with this team for this season.  They enter the OSU game knowing it's a play in game for the NCAAT.  They seemed to have the wind finally at their backs.  Everyone was back and healthy except for Hunter.  The injuries and turmoil surrounding the losing stretch were behind them.  They were finally looking forward with the season's outcome totally in their control.  Then they come out uninspired, lackadaisical, and unfocused until the last 5 min of the game.  As a fan, it was truly unimaginable that would happen.  The emotional roller coaster of the season returned.   I can only lay the results on the players at that point.  Truly sad ending for Morgan and Langford as they end their careers at IU.  I can only hope this is a result of their youth.  I can only hope everyone of these young men return turn next year with improved skills and attitudes. 

4 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Doesn't this simply encapsulate the frustration with this team for this season.  They enter the OSU game knowing it's a play in game for the NCAAT.  They seemed to have the wind finally at their backs.  Everyone was back and healthy except for Hunter.  The injuries and turmoil surrounding the losing stretch were behind them.  They were finally looking forward with the season's outcome totally in their control.  Then they come out uninspired, lackadaisical, and unfocused until the last 5 min of the game.  As a fan, it was truly unimaginable that would happen.  The emotional roller coaster of the season returned.   I can only lay the results on the players at that point.  Truly sad ending for Morgan and Langford as they end their careers at IU.  I can only hope this is a result of their youth.  I can only hope everyone of these young men return turn next year with improved skills and attitudes. 

It really encapsulates the last decade-plus of being an IU fan. 

I was just thinking too, we’re a missed wide open Davis tip-in (at Arkansas) and a missed Phinisee free throw (at Iowa) from being 19-13 and a complete lock for the tournament. 

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It really encapsulates the last decade-plus of being an IU fan. 

I was just thinking too, we’re a missed wide open Davis tip-in (at Arkansas) and a missed Phinisee free throw (at Iowa) from being 19-13 and a complete lock for the tournament. 

We had the CJ Jackson shot to tie the game and the two Bohannon shots away from winning those games.  Also shouldn't have lost the games at NW and Rutgers.

Just now, Coach1K said:

Can we please please not have another GA Tech type game.

I’ll kind of be pulling for that if we’re in the NIT.  I know I won’t be able to stop myself from watching IU if they’re on, but I’d honestly rather not have meaningless NIT games distracting me from the real tournament.

34 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This team needs to learn how to win, so I hope they are competitive and win the thing.  The program doesn’t know how to win right now.  This is a do-able proposition.  No more half assed bs.  Come out on fire, and let’s win it!  It could be a nice step going forward. 

My concern is, will the guys be up for it? Will they have the energy to play. I'm just remembering some of their comments after the OSU game. I mean if they couldn't get up for that knowing what was at stake, I don't know what to think.....

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

We have played in the N.I.T before. Not the end of the world. Ask Coach Knight.

Considering the last time he went to the NIT, he’d made the Elite 8 the year before and won a national championship three years before that, I’m sure it wasn’t the end of the world for him.  And that was the only time he went to the NIT after the field expanded to 64.  Comparing apples to oranges.

Archived