Everything NIT

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosier98 said:

I love watching Indiana basketball. This isn’t anyone’s dream but at least we get to watch Juwan and Romeo in the candy stripes one more time. I am going to miss Juwan a lot as will many, I’m sure. This isn’t only a gut check for the team and coach, also for the fans. Anyone who doesn’t wish them well should just go ahead and pick a new university. Stay positive! Indiana we’re all for you!!

Couldn't have said it any better '98! We're still playing.....Look at it this way, more games that some of these other recruits can watch us.

Only 2 teams get to win their last one each year. Might as well start building on next season and years to come. Used to have a beer or 4 with a Pacers scout. He always told me they watch kids even more closely to see what type of effort they bring in situations like this. Any player thinking it's beneath them to be playing in these games don't need to show up and honestly....can turn in your uniform. 

Let the fans debate what NIT/NCAA means but to me if the game is scheduled....might as well go win it. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I'm sure Archie has said the same.

For me, that same Knight statement could be applied to Archie's motivational tactics this season.  Don't get me wrong, I like Archie and his coaching acumen.  But, Coach has to take some responsibility for the players' repeated lack of effort.  Knight had earned the right to make that statement.  Arch still has a lot of work to do before he can.

21 minutes ago, Lizard said:

For me, that same Knight statement could be applied to Archie's motivational tactics this season.  Don't get me wrong, I like Archie and his coaching acumen.  But, Coach has to take some responsibility for the players' repeated lack of effort.  Knight had earned the right to make that statement.  Arch still has a lot of work to do before he can.

yeah Maybe Archie needs to get his bull whip out like Knight or choke out a couple kids to get them to play hard on command.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

yeah Maybe Archie needs to get his bull whip out like Knight or choke out a couple kids to get them to play hard on command.

Nah of course that's too extreme for the current social landscape.  Perhaps just stuff em into a trash can or pass around some used TP  ;)

Archived