Southern
25-7
-0.28 (194)
Lipscomb
ASUN*
25-7
-0.43 (228)
Xavi

There is no way all eight of those teams are ahead of us. 

58 minutes ago, Indykev said:
1 Seeds
Creighton
Big East
18-14
0.904 (51)
Alabama
SEC
18-14
1.158 (18)
Belmont
OVC*
26-5
-0.37 (213)
UNC Greensboro
Southern
28-6
-0.07 (134)
2 Seeds
Nebraska
Big Ten
18-15
1.120 (22)
Furman
Southern
25-7
-0.28 (194)
Lipscomb
ASUN*
25-7
-0.43 (228)
Xavi

Nothing in Creighton's profile should rank them ahead of IU.  

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, Wichita State, coaches by that guy some on here think we should fire CAM for, comes in as an NIT 7th seed. 

Me, I’ll pass.

Not saying he won't come back and be better next year, but if you're looking for a consistent winner, it's laughable to say Greg Marshall is a good candidate for the job.  With all the momentum he had recently from NCAA appearances and the weaker conference he plays in, I'm trying to find a good excuse for being so lousy this year after being well-established and successful at your current program.

42 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Not saying he won't come back and be better next year, but if you're looking for a consistent winner, it's laughable to say Greg Marshall is a good candidate for the job.  With all the momentum he had recently from NCAA appearances and the weaker conference he plays in, I'm trying to find a good excuse for being so lousy this year after being well-established and successful at your current program.

Well he did lose his best player where he left early for the NBA and had another really good player transfer.  He probably never thought when he recruited Shameet that he would leave after his sophomore year.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well he did lose his best player where he left early for the NBA and had another really good player transfer.  He probably never thought when he recruited Shameet that he would leave after his sophomore year.

Stuff happens.  After 12 years at a school, you've got to have backup plans in place.  We'll see how he bounces back next year.

Also, not a fan of his explosive/abusive temper and his drunk wife.  Hard pass.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Well, they made a major step up in conferences recently. That takes an adjustment period. I think you look at him YoY you'd be hard pressed to find a more consistent guy. 

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well, they made a major step up in conferences recently. That takes an adjustment period. I think you look at him YoY you'd be hard pressed to find a more consistent guy. 

The AAC shouldn't be a big adjustment period for a seasoned team and coach, much less for a school like Wichita State with significant financial backing.  I get that they moved conferences and lost a couple of players.  Still a surprise to see them struggle when they had guys going to the NBA not that long ago.  Just puzzling that Marshall can't seem to maintain that momentum as long as he's been there.

Imagine how Wichita State would struggle joining one of the Power 5 and yet, it wasn't that long ago that they were beating power 5 teams in the tournament...aside from the fact that Miller is not going anywhere, I have no interest in Marshall.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

The AAC shouldn't be a big adjustment period for a seasoned team and coach, much less for a school like Wichita State with significant financial backing.  I get that they moved conferences and lost a couple of players.  Still a surprise to see them struggle when they had guys going to the NBA not that long ago.  Just puzzling that Marshall can't seem to maintain that momentum as long as he's been there.

Imagine how Wichita State would struggle joining one of the Power 5 and yet, it wasn't that long ago that they were beating power 5 teams in the tournament...aside from the fact that Miller is not going anywhere, I have no interest in Marshall.

This will be the first time in a decade they haven't won at least 25 games. There is a lot to not like about Marshall, but his consistency isn't one of them. 

Interesting, but there is still chatter about IU getting an NCAA bid. I don't think it will happen, but we are still being talked about. It will ultimately come down to what the committee places the most emphasis on. I feel like IU had a good mixture of SOS and Quad success. I think Delphi had us as first 4 out as of this AM

12 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Interesting, but there is still chatter about IU getting an NCAA bid. I don't think it will happen, but we are still being talked about. It will ultimately come down to what the committee places the most emphasis on. I feel like IU had a good mixture of SOS and Quad success. I think Delphi had us as first 4 out as of this AM

I was looking at all the bubble teams this afternoon.  You can make a case for IU over a lot of them. You can also make a case for those same teams over IU. It will come down to what the committee values. I just hope they are consistent. 

Seth Davis is such an idiot because he kept saying how IU should not be in with a 17-14 record and today he said he would still have Texas in with a 16-16 record.  stating how that their leading scorer was out 5 games due to suspension but leaves out how many games IU players missed due to injury.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Seth Davis is such an idiot because he kept saying how IU should not be in with a 17-14 record and today he said he would still have Texas in with a 16-16 record.  stating how that their leading scorer was out 5 games due to suspension but leaves out how many games IU players missed due to injury.

That’s the kind of thing I was referencing above about the committee being consistent. If Texas is in, we have to be. If quad one wins put Seton Hall or someone else in and we are not and someone like Clemson is with 1 quad 1 win, that will drive me nuts. 

For the record, I don’t think we are in. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

That’s the kind of thing I was referencing above about the committee being consistent. If Texas is in, we have to be. If quad one wins put Seton Hall or someone else in and we are not and someone like Clemson is with 1 quad 1 win, that will drive me nuts. 

For the record, I don’t think we are in. 

I don't either, but you KNOW some team with lesser credentials will get in...

Archived