Perspective

As an IU fan I am disappointed in how this season has played out! However, if you venture over to the Animal House you might learn that milehi is currently dealing with unprecedented spring weather, and mcflynn had to take cover from an extreme hail storm just hours ago! Myself, I 've had multiple tornado warnings in the last couple of weeks! Including the tornado that killed 23 people just 60 miles west of me! Just saying!

I slept through the game today and the Rutgers game due to my night shift schedule.  12 noon for me is everyone else's midnight 

This morning at 8:41, while I was sleeping, my mom texted me.  Her words were "call me when you get the chance".  My family is weird and not tight-nit ( mostly because I do not have children and am not an alcoholic ).  Knowing there isn't an approaching major holiday, it's bad news.  She says at 11:48 pm last night, your brother had his 2nd heart attack.  I respond "I didn't know about his first".  Turns out he had one five years ago when he was around 40.  He has me by a lil over 3 years and around 100 lbs.  I felt a little bad, but not as though any normal person would feel.

If anyone knows my personal history ( revealed around a year ago on this forum ), this brother was my abuser.

My only wish with this statement is that if your family is even moderately normal, appreciate them.  Appreciate them lavishly and regularly.  If they're not normal, Jesus help you and try anyway.  Hope this perspective helps someone today.  Thanks everyone for being a part of the extended family, you are appreciated.  It's always great to be a part of the Hoosier family.

Archived