Question about frozen pizzas

BDB

1 hour ago, BDB said:

I grew up in central Indiana and we used to get these small 6” pizzas.  They cane either 4 or 6 to a pack and had no topping besides cheese and sauce.  Does anyone know what kind they were?

Wow. Now you've got me thinking. We used to live on these at IU. You could buy a box with like you said 4 or 6 pack....but I lived at 17th and Washington (Elkins) so we did most of our shopping at the IGA near there. Wish I could remember the name now.

12 hours ago, BDB said:

They were similar to this.

Image result for mama rosa mini frozen pizza

These were what I thought of.  Thick crust with cubed chunks of pepperoni.  Used to be able to get packs of 10 or 12 at Sav-A-Lot.  When my brother was in middle school and I was in high school, we used to kill one of those 10-packs in one sitting. 

48 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Getting closer but they were wrapped in singular package and clear plastic. No names identifying brand. At least those are the ones I'm thinking of. 

Correct.  I saw these at the grocery store and the reminded me of the ones in question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 8:04 AM, BDB said:

I grew up in central Indiana and we used to get these small 6” pizzas.  They cane either 4 or 6 to a pack and had no topping besides cheese and sauce.  Does anyone know what kind they were?

I take a 12 inch and cut it in half. Lol

Wish I knew the answer to the question.

My wife is allergic to gluten (celiac), and is lactose intolerant.  She buys the Daiya cheese pizza and buys special uncured pepperoni to add.  At around $9 a pizza, I felt justified trying a Donato's Pepperoni Duo.  It was amazing, although, I don't like spending $7 on a personal home cooked meal.

Archived