So where do we go now?

IUCrazy2

Not going to lie, I am really worried that we are looking at more of the past 2 years coming up next year.  I know that we can add more players but I do not see us really serious with anyone I would expect to come in and contribute in a big way next year.

I also am a firm non believer in the grad student route.

I am just so tired of Indiana sucking at basketball.  We are on the verge of the back and forth of wanting a coach fired again.  No one kid should make or break a year but I am extremely disappointed in how this year has gone.  We are looking at Devonte Green as our starting 2 right now.  That is not going to get it done IMO.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not going to lie, I am really worried that we are looking at more of the past 2 years coming up next year.  I know that we can add more players but I do not see us really serious with anyone I would expect to come in and contribute in a big way next year.

I also am a firm non believer in the grad student route.

I am just so tired of Indiana sucking at basketball.  We are on the verge of the back and forth of wanting a coach fired again.  No one kid should make or break a year but I am extremely disappointed in how this year has gone.  We are looking at Devonte Green as our starting 2 right now.  That is not going to get it done IMO.  

I really hope the players who will be back work hard this summer and really develop over the summer.  I think young players like RP and hopefully Hunter can come back this fall a lot better and more physical.  Also hoping that players like Forrester and Anderson can develop and help the team next year.  Hope older players like Green, Davis and Durham become real leaders and put this team on their shoulders.

As for the newcomers hope TJD and Franklin can come in here and work hard this summer and get more physical and improve their games.  I would go and see what Watford is thinking and try to get him and bring up the fact that LSU coach is suspended and is on tape about paying players.  Also keep recruiting Beverly and that JC shooter from Ohio.  I would also look at some grad transfers because it has worked with Ziesloft and Beifeldt.

Call me crazy, but I think Green is going to be pretty solid next year, and will provide some much needed shooting.

All appearances are that Hunter will be able to play, which will open up shooting.

We have Davis, Race, and TJD, along with Forrester, and if Smith can become more consistent in his good play, I see no reason to think that next year's team won't be better than this year's.

People can say it's an excuse all they want, but if IU didn't have the most extreme injury situation I've ever witnessed a team have, they would have made the tournament easily.  I think a lot of fans' perspectives are unfairly clouded by the end of Crean's tenure, but I fully expect the team to look a lot different next year.

In the end, Brooks wasn't coming in at a real position of need as it is.  If he was a lights out shooter, or 7' tall big man with great post moves, I'd be a lot more disappointed.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I really hope the players who will be back work hard this summer and really develop over the summer.  I think young players like RP and hopefully Hunter can come back this fall a lot better and more physical.  Also hoping that players like Forrester and Anderson can develop and help the team next year.  Hope older players like Green, Davis and Durham become real leaders and put this team on their shoulders.

As for the newcomers hope TJD and Franklin can come in here and work hard this summer and get more physical and improve their games.  I would go and see what Watford is thinking and try to get him and bring up the fact that LSU coach is suspended and is on tape about paying players.  Also keep recruiting Beverly and that JC shooter from Ohio.  I would also look at some grad transfers because it has worked with Ziesloft and Beifeldt.

Zeisloft and Bielfeldt worked as a missing piece with a good core.  I look at the roster coming next year and I don't know where the scoring is going to come from.

The back ups to Brooks we are recruiting  are ranked in an area that would lead me to believe that they are not an answer for next year.  I firmly believe that we need to be in the tournament next year because recruiting takes a hit when the fanbase is up in arms and you are not showing a good product on the floor.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Zeisloft and Bielfeldt worked as a missing piece with a good core.  I look at the roster coming next year and I don't know where the scoring is going to come from.

The back ups we are ranked in an area that would lead me to believe that they are not an answer for next year.  I firmly believe that we need to be in the tournament next year because recruiting takes a hit when the fanbase is up in arms and you are not showing a good product on the floor.

That is what is great about the college game because every year you see guys come out of no where and contribute.  they always say that the players develop more after their freshman year than any other year.  If Green can come in next year with the mind set he played with the last few weeks then he could be one of our top scorers.  I also think RP and a healthy Hunter will be a lot better than what we think.  I also think a whole summer of conditioning for Davis and not having to rehab will be a big key as well.  I think a healthy Davis will give us a big time scoring threat in the post.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is what is great about the college game because every year you see guys come out of no where and contribute.  they always say that the players develop more after their freshman year than any other year.  If Green can come in next year with the mind set he played with the last few weeks then he could be one of our top scorers.  I also think RP and a healthy Hunter will be a lot better than what we think.  I also think a whole summer of conditioning for Davis and not having to rehab will be a big key as well.  I think a healthy Davis will give us a big time scoring threat in the post.

Hope you are right.  I really do.

I honestly think that some of you underestimate how ugly it is going to be if this type of year happens again though...and I am so tired of these types of years.  I really bought into the idea that Miller might be a good fit here.  That idea has really taken a battering this year.

12 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Hope you are right.  I really do.

I honestly think that some of you underestimate how ugly it is going to be if this type of year happens again though...and I am so tired of these types of years.  I really bought into the idea that Miller might be a good fit here.  That idea has really taken a battering this year.

I was not for the hire but I am willing to give him 4 years to see if he can or can't coach at this level.  I would do that with any coach that is hired and is coaching at IU.  If you fire a coach after two years then your candidate profile will be very thin because no coach in their right mind would come here.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was not for the hire but I am willing to give him 4 years to see if he can or can't coach at this level.  I would do that with any coach that is hired and is coaching at IU.  If you fire a coach after two years then your candidate profile will be very thin because no coach in their right mind would come here.

Next year is crucial for Miller and he knows that. And don’t worry about who would come here, IU will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

Next year is crucial for Miller and he knows that. And don’t worry about who would come here, IU will be fine. 

Well this time we had to go with a mid major coach and was not a big time hire so why would it change this time.  Tell me what homerun hire is out there that would even think about coming here(Donovan) LOL!

Hey, we didn’t need Brooks we need shooters. I only know whats been written about Hunter. I hope he is that good. Rob will be great next year. Al can play and Devonte actually showed up the last 4 games. Where has he been. So who’s the real Devonte and can he really play like he has in the last 4 games. Davis needs to enroll right now and start working in the weight room with the football guys! I am hoping we can get Watford and a shooter. Race looks good but, doesn’t seem to be much on offense hope that is just him catching up after being out so long. 

Just now, HOOSIER1321 said:

Never said it was a “home run” hire but there are interests. I’m just gonna stop here. I don’t usually do this. 

Sure there is, so you are one of those who come on message boards acting like they have all of this inside info that nobody else has.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well this time we had to go with a mid major coach and was not a big time hire so why would it change this time.  Tell me what homerun hire is out there that would even think about coming here(Donovan) LOL!

Since you like to live so much in the past, Scott.

Wasn’t the hiring of RMK from Army the epitome of a mid-major, not “big time “ hire?

Archived