So where do we go now?

IUCrazy2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Speculate then. Lol

The first name that comes to mind is Desmond Bane. From Richmond. Lived with his grandparents who I don’t know if they’ve gotten to see him play much at TCU and would also fit with what we need. He can shoot the basketball. I could also see any of the players that IU has recruited in the past from LSU or Georgia Tech. 

I think we'll have to buckle in for the long haul and be patient with Archie. He's never prioritized shooting and his teams always have low volume anyway. I think it's important to have balance and high volume 3 point shooting teams but I'm looking into alternatives around that 'mistake' as I see it. 

Shot Volume is one method that I'm looking into.

8 minutes ago, JWoolsey said:

I think we'll have to buckle in for the long haul and be patient with Archie. He's never prioritized shooting and his teams always have low volume anyone. I think it's important to have balance high volume 3 point shooting but I'm looking into alternatives around that 'mistake'. Shot Volume is one method that I'm looking into.

Uh, north Carolina, uh duke 

They win championships without relying on the volume 3.  

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Well we see quad 1 wins and the Big Ten playing 20 meant crap to the NCAA. Do we go back to the cup cakes in non-conf?

That's essentially what the committee just told the country. I think Snow is a tool....but he tweeted out in the last hour that the coaches he's already spoke with are saying the same. Cupcake city. 

I’m so torn between wanting everyone to come back and wanting some big changes. On one hand, Archie said he wants IU to get old and stay old and guys staying and developing in the program is how you do that. On the other hand, I’m not sold the current roster is really good enough to make a huge leap. Maybe a leap into the Tournament, but not a huge leap. 

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’m so torn between wanting everyone to come back and wanting some big changes. On one hand, Archie said he wants IU to get old and stay old and guys staying and developing in the program is how you do that. On the other hand, I’m not sold the current roster is really good enough to make a huge leap. Maybe a leap into the Tournament, but not a huge leap. 

That's why Archie deserves at a minimum, a 4-year cycle.

Agree the team is imperfect, but there's still a lot of talent there and I think he can get them working together.  We saw evidence of that at the end of the season, despite the early exit.  The older this team gets, the better.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Gotta think Archie is losing sleep over the thought of his career trajectory at IU depending on players like Green and Smith...

Archived