Jump to content

HTD's favorite topic


rico
 Share

Recommended Posts

So Dad comes over here yesterday and says the CBB season is ready to start and wants my thoughts on how his Boilers are gonna do.  So I said well Pop on paper they look to be pretty good.  I told him I expect them too have a good season.  He sighed and looked at me and said I have been hearing that way too many years now.  And then he went into about a 30 minute tirade about Kyle Macy.  It was priceless.  Wish I would have recorded the conversation.

Edited by rico
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Chad B said:

I don't remember, but I am assuming Kentucky offered him more money.

LOL...no not at all.  It would have been the '75-'76 season and Kyle was a freshman for the Boilers.  At the time Purdue had a pretty good PG, but he went down with an injury.  Macy filled in and averaged close to 14 ppg.  After the season he was informed that he wouldn't be starting the following year.  Macy was heart broken and transferred to UK.  Sat out his year and promptly led the 'Cats to a title in '78.  I often wonder what Purdue would have been with Macy there for 4 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL...no not at all.  It would have been the '75-'76 season and Kyle was a freshman for the Boilers.  At the time Purdue had a pretty good PG, but he went down with an injury.  Macy filled in and averaged close to 14 ppg.  After the season he was informed that he wouldn't be starting the following year.  Macy was heart broken and transferred to UK.  Sat out his year and promptly led the 'Cats to a title in '78.  I often wonder what Purdue would have been with Macy there for 4 years.

Kyle Macy..... the Larry Bird of Purdue University.  The only difference is that Macy suited up for PU, while Larry Bird, never donned the Candy Stripes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Kyle Macy..... the Larry Bird of Purdue University.  The only difference is that Macy suited up for PU, while Larry Bird, never donned the Candy Stripes. 

True but Purdue knew what they had.  They got a whole year to watch him and he was good.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rico said:

LOL...no not at all.  It would have been the '75-'76 season and Kyle was a freshman for the Boilers.  At the time Purdue had a pretty good PG, but he went down with an injury.  Macy filled in and averaged close to 14 ppg.  After the season he was informed that he wouldn't be starting the following year.  Macy was heart broken and transferred to UK.  Sat out his year and promptly led the 'Cats to a title in '78.  I often wonder what Purdue would have been with Macy there for 4 years.

The injured player was Bruce Parkinson who was an outstanding player. I played high school basketball with Bruce and have some knowledge on this. He was not only a great player but he is a great person. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

The injured player was Bruce Parkinson who was an outstanding player. I played high school basketball with Bruce and have some knowledge on this. He was not only a great player but he is a great person. 

I know who the injured player was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I thought so Rico. If my memory serves me correctly we talked about this a few months ago. 

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Yes we did on the other site.  Thanks and all is well.  Hope all is well with you and your family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, rico said:

Go right ahead.  I love talking basketball.

I feel like we will still have a really solid team. I really like what I’ve seen from Matt Haarms. He’ll be the back-up for Haas and he’s 7’3 but is very athletic and can shoot. He has impressed so far. I think Carsen is going to have a breakout year and the senior class (Mathis, V Edwards, Haas, and P.J.) will all have good years too. Excited for the season to start. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, rico said:

LOL...no not at all.  It would have been the '75-'76 season and Kyle was a freshman for the Boilers.  At the time Purdue had a pretty good PG, but he went down with an injury.  Macy filled in and averaged close to 14 ppg.  After the season he was informed that he wouldn't be starting the following year.  Macy was heart broken and transferred to UK.  Sat out his year and promptly led the 'Cats to a title in '78.  I often wonder what Purdue would have been with Macy there for 4 years.

Sounds like Purdue was destined not to win a championship. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...