HTD's favorite topic

rico

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Then why did you respond to my post?  Let me take a shot in the dark.  You can't help yourself?  

Because I don’t think Purdue is very good, and I don’t understand why you can’t seem to help yourself from going after every person who says anything to that effect?

Look, I’m not trying to get into an internet slap fight over Purdue, of all things.  But this is an IU basketball message board.  We’re going to trash Purdue on here, especially when it looks like they were overrated going into the season.  It’s part of being a college basketball fan, and it’s all in good fun.  No reason to get all pissed off every time someone takes a shot at them.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Because I don’t think Purdue is very good, and I don’t understand why you can’t seem to help yourself from going after every person who says anything to that effect?

Look, I’m not trying to get into an internet slap fight over Purdue, of all things.  But this is an IU basketball message board.  We’re going to trash Purdue on here, especially when it looks like they were overrated going into the season.  It’s part of being a college basketball fan, and it’s all in good fun.  No reason to get all pissed off every time someone takes a shot at them.

I’m curious what you expect from Purdue this year?

40 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

I think Purdue has a pretty good team this year.  I graduated from both IU and PU.  I will admit to being more partial to IU and have had

season tickets for IUFB and IUBB for years.  I have no problem pulling for them or anyone in our conference against another conference.  When IU plays PU, I cheer for the winner so  I go home happy!

Have you ever had PUFB or PUBB season tickets?

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Have you ever had PUFB or PUBB season tickets?

No never had season tickets for PU.  The reason I lean more towards IU goes back to my Dad.  He LOVED BOB Knight.  He thought the sun rose and set in his office.  He was a rabid IUBB fan.  Always hoped I could get IUBB season tickets to share with him.  However, he passed away before I got off the waiting list.  Have continued ever since.  I'm one who believes it is great for both schools to excel.  I think it's great that you post here.  Makes the rivalry that much more exciting and tends to nationalize it like IU/UK, UNC/Duke, Duke/KY.

50 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

No never had season tickets for PU.  The reason I lean more towards IU goes back to my Dad.  He LOVED BOB Knight.  He thought the sun rose and set in his office.  He was a rabid IUBB fan.  Always hoped I could get IUBB season tickets to share with him.  However, he passed away before I got off the waiting list.  Have continued ever since.  I'm one who believes it is great for both schools to excel.  I think it's great that you post here.  Makes the rivalry that much more exciting and tends to nationalize it like IU/UK, UNC/Duke, Duke/KY.

Fair enough. I respect that! 

17 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I don't get pissed about anything anymore.  If you want to trash Purdue....have at it.  But I will not.

3 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Go MARYLAND beat those stinkin' smellermakers !! Unfortunately I will not be able to watch it as I am going to be at my Home Town High School boys basketball game for the first time at least 50 years !!

Have a good time.

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Go MARYLAND beat those stinkin' smellermakers !! Unfortunately I will not be able to watch it as I am going to be at my Home Town High School boys basketball game for the first time at least 50 years !!

Hope you have a great time at your old high school. Still love going to high school games and hope you see a great game. Also where is your hometown.

On 11/30/2017 at 11:55 AM, rico said:

I like the B1G schools to do well.  If Purdue is playing UK, Louisville, or Duke I am absolutely cheering for the Boilers.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee guys.  They got a pretty damn good team.  IF the Purdue hatred is that bad, then I suggest you don't post on a Purdue thread.  Seems simple to me.

One more sentence and you were banned. I'm glad you stopped writing...:coffee:

On 11/30/2017 at 11:55 AM, rico said:

I like the B1G schools to do well.  If Purdue is playing UK, Louisville, or Duke I am absolutely cheering for the Boilers.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee guys.  They got a pretty damn good team.  IF the Purdue hatred is that bad, then I suggest you don't post on a Purdue thread.  Seems simple to me.

certainly not arguing that they are a bad team.  they are solid.  i just hate them more than any other team year in and year out.  it's a rivalry.  it's fine to agree to disagree.  i'm just surprised we're giving them so much attention on the board.  

Archived