HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we all hate Purdue, but I just came across this video on Facebook from The Player's Tribune and felt compelled to share. As someone that works in the health/wellness space and runs a company who's mission is to eradicate childhood malnutrition, I was really impress with the story and how Caleb Swanigan is giving back at such a young age. 

7 hours ago, BGleas said:

I know we all hate Purdue, but I just came across this video on Facebook from The Player's Tribune and felt compelled to share. As someone that works in the health/wellness space and runs a company who's mission is to eradicate childhood malnutrition, I was really impress with the story and how Caleb Swanigan is giving back at such a young age. 

I ran out of reactions or I'd have liked this.  Thanks for sharing and for what you do.  If you don't mind, would you share more info about your organization?  You can PM me if you don't want to post it on the board, I'd just love to learn more about it. 

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I ran out of reactions or I'd have liked this.  Thanks for sharing and for what you do.  If you don't mind, would you share more info about your organization?  You can PM me if you don't want to post it on the board, I'd just love to learn more about it. 

Thanks for asking! Mod's I understand there are probably guidelines against posting stuff like this, so feel free to delete if you need to, but would be great if you could let me know so I can then PM it to KoB. Thanks!

I run a start-up health/wellness company with two others, though we're hoping to grow in 2018. It's been a long journey, filled with up's and downs, and I've learned a ton, mainly that trying to build a company from scratch is not for the faint of heart. But, we'll be 5 years old in April which is a huge milestone!

Anyways our company is Previnex (www.previnex.com) a we manufacture and sell pharmaceutical grade supplements (multi's, probiotics, a great joint supplement, etc.), plant-based, vegan protein powders and weight-loss and cleanse programs. I know, supplements, right? But we honestly make healthy, science-backed supplements that really work, not the meat-head, bodybuilding garbage you find in stores. 

So last year our founder had his first child and started doing some digging into childhood malnutrition issues and found that 17,000 children a day worldwide die from malnutrition. When he dug deeper he found that of those 17,000, 45% die from vitamin deficiencies, not starvation. So, he charged our team with developing the best children's vitamin on the market, and when we launched that product in July, and with that we also launched a program called Get Health, Give Health, where for every order (no matter what product is purchased) on our website (think Toms shoes) we donate a bottle of our children's vitamins to an organization called the Children's Hunger Fund to go to the most at-risk, in-need children around the world!

What I love about the program is that we didn't create it to sell a product we couldn't move, we literally found out about the problem and then created a children's vitamin to address it (I hope that makes sense). The program started in Q2 this year, and in October we sent 56,000 children's vitamins to children in Haiti! 

Here's more info on the program: https://www.previnex.com/previnex-gives-back/

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Thanks for asking! Mod's I understand there are probably guidelines against posting stuff like this, so feel free to delete if you need to, but would be great if you could let me know so I can then PM it to KoB. Thanks!

I run a start-up health/wellness company with two others, though we're hoping to grow in 2018. It's been a long journey, filled with up's and downs, and I've learned a ton, mainly that trying to build a company from scratch is not for the faint of heart. But, we'll be 5 years old in April which is a huge milestone!

Anyways our company is Previnex (www.previnex.com) a we manufacture and sell pharmaceutical grade supplements (multi's, probiotics, a great joint supplement, etc.), plant-based, vegan protein powders and weight-loss and cleanse programs. I know, supplements, right? But we honestly make healthy, science-backed supplements that really work, not the meat-head, bodybuilding garbage you find in stores. 

So last year our founder had his first child and started doing some digging into childhood malnutrition issues and found that 17,000 children a day worldwide die from malnutrition. When he dug deeper he found that of those 17,000, 45% die from vitamin deficiencies, not starvation. So, he charged our team with developing the best children's vitamin on the market, and when we launched that product in July, and with that we also launched a program called Get Health, Give Health, where for every order (no matter what product is purchased) on our website (think Toms shoes) we donate a bottle of our children's vitamins to an organization called the Children's Hunger Fund to go to the most at-risk, in-need children around the world!

What I love about the program is that we didn't create it to sell a product we couldn't move, we literally found out about the problem and then created a children's vitamin to address it (I hope that makes sense). The program started in Q2 this year, and in October we sent 56,000 children's vitamins to children in Haiti! 

Here's more info on the program: https://www.previnex.com/previnex-gives-back/

Thanks for sharing, that's a great program!  Love how you're helping children and love that at least some (or all?) are plant-based/vegan.  Are you vegan? 

I'm not unhappy with my multi I take at all, but I'd consider switching to yours if for nothing else to support a good cause and to support you.  I gave the ingredients a quick look and it looks vegan, is that correct?  

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Thanks for sharing, that's a great program!  Love how you're helping children and love that at least some (or all?) are plant-based/vegan.  Are you vegan? 

I'm not unhappy with my multi I take at all, but I'd consider switching to yours if for nothing else to support a good cause and to support you.  I gave the ingredients a quick look and it looks vegan, is that correct?  

I'll send you a PM, but yes our protein shakes are all plant-based vegan protein (pea and brown rice), and the supplements that are not vegan are our Omega (obviously contains fish) and our joint supplement (uses an ingredient called Natural Eggshell Membrane). 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, rico said:

I watched the game against Butler on Saturday before IU's magnificent victory over the Fighting Irish.  Have to admit.  Purdue has it going on.  As was stated by Gus Johnson... PU has a luxury the many other teams don't have.   Twin towers they can shuttle in and out of the game as the game dictates. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s safe to say the games against WKU and Tennessee were an anomaly. Purdue is rolling right now. Bummer we don’t play you guys twice this year. 

Right !   Only one chance to lose to IU this year.    Love ya Boiler.   Would love to sit next to you during an IU/PU game. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I watched the game against Butler on Saturday before IU's magnificent victory over the Fighting Irish.  Have to admit.  Purdue has it going on.  As was stated by Gus Johnson... PU has a luxury the many other teams don't have.   Twin towers they can shuttle in and out of the game as the game dictates. 

I hate to say this but I feel that Purdue is the best TEAM in the big ten. MSU might have better talent but Purdue plays better as a team.

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s safe to say the games against WKU and Tennessee were an anomaly. Purdue is rolling right now. Bummer we don’t play you guys twice this year. 

I'll give you WKU.......but that UT loss doesn't look that bad right now.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The game between the Spartys and the Boilers will be fun to watch. Actually don't know who I'd be rooting for though as I can't stand crybaby Izzo and Perdoo? Well that's another animal........

I wish we got a chance to play them at Mackey. The uneven schedule favors Michigan State over Purdue and I think that’ll make a difference in the final standings. 

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was a bit surprised Painter floated the Final 4 talk out there. Just doesn't seem his style. Anyway for a coach who has 2 tourney wins (both last year) over the previous 5 or 6 seasons and missed tourney twice in same span? Seems a little premature. 

Bold strategy cotton. 

Archived