HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated sobbie hummel as a player and I HATE him even more as as alleged ANNOUNCER !! Cry , Sobbie , Cry !!!

P.S. Thanks for Changing your TITLE !! It is now appropo !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO , LMAO , LMAO !!! P.S. The BIGGEST smellermaker of them all , Haas ,  DID NOT MAKE FIRST TEAM ALL  BIG TEN [ LMAO-LMAO-LMAO-LMAO] HAAS DID NOT EVEN  MAKE SECOND TEAM ALL BIG TEN [LMAO=LMAO-LMAO] !1  WELL , HE DID MAKE THIRD TEAM ALL BIG TEN ( HAR-HAR-DE-HAR-HAR & LMAO - LMAO- LMAO ) !! IU'S JUWAN MORGAN DID MAKE SECOND TEAM ALL Big Ten !!! I'M LOVING IT !1VBG-VBG-VBG-VBG!!!!

P.S. AGAIN:::::: I guess old stlboiler forgot that Sobbie hummel played for turd-ue and then cried like a BABY when those SMELLERMAKERS LOST !! I still laugh my arse off whenever i see that picture in my mind ,VBG !!

^^^ Sorry HTD.  You know I love ya.  Even provided you with your avatar.  But I can't agree with you in terms of Robbie.  Since he is/was a Region Rat.... I followed him all through high school.  Knowing that since he was a Region Rat.... our chances getting him would be slim to none.  PU having a stranglehold on NWI.  The kid excelled in high school. And again in college.  And as far as I am concerned is doing a great job on BTN.  Don't let your dislike of all things Purdue dissuade you from recognizing when a young man... even from Purdue is excelling in everything he has tried in life. 

As far a player sobbing, after a loss.  I have said it before, and I will say it again.  Give me a player who cares enough about the game, and winning... any day... over one who does not hold the game close enough to him to cry.   We saw it years ago with Morrison at Gonzaga, and just this past weekend with the Big Guy from PU on Senior night..  Those tears, to me, tell me that they care. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Sorry HTD.  You know I love ya.  Even provided you with your avatar.  But I can't agree with you in terms of Robbie.  Since he is/was a Region Rat.... I followed him all through high school.  Knowing that since he was a Region Rat.... our chances getting him would be slim to none.  PU having a stranglehold on NWI.  The kid excelled in high school. And again in college.  And as far as I am concerned is doing a great job on BTN.  Don't let your dislike of all things Purdue dissuade you from recognizing when a young man... even from Purdue is excelling in everything he has tried in life. 

As far a player sobbing, after a loss.  I have said it before, and I will say it again.  Give me a player who cares enough about the game, and winning... any day... over one who does not hold the game close enough to him to cry.   We saw it years ago with Morrison at Gonzaga, and just this past weekend with the Big Guy from PU on Senior night..  Those tears, to me, tell me that they care. 

Did you watch the video of Haas from senior night? That was so cool. Not sure if you know much about his sister but she has pretty bad epilepsy and Haas and Purdue fans (I’m sure other fanbases helped out too) raised over $20k for her to get a service dog. He couldn’t even hold it together when he thanked everyone for that. Really touching moment. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Did you watch the video of Haas from senior night? That was so cool. Not sure if you know much about his sister but she has pretty bad epilepsy and Haas and Purdue fans (I’m sure other fanbases helped out too) raised over $20k for her to get a service dog. He couldn’t even hold it together when he thanked everyone for that. Really touching moment. 

Yes. It always comes down to the fact that these are human beings.... just like all of us.  We all have to struggle through.  I just wish more would understand that.

Rivalries are great.  There does come a time to put animosities aside and respect your rival as well.  Now.... if PU fans would just quit the IU sucks chant.... LOL

50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. It always comes down to the fact that these are human beings.... just like all of us.  We all have to struggle through.  I just wish more would understand that.

Rivalries are great.  There does come a time to put animosities aside and respect your rival as well.  Now.... if PU fans would just quit the IU sucks chant.... LOL

Mile, well stated.  I have mentioned before that I am both a PU and IU alum.  HTD probably couldn't stand me either.  VBG.  I'm a little more partial to IU due to my Dad.  I have always felt the days of Knight vs Keady were the best years of the rivalry.  I would like to see both IU and PU become perennial powers.  Would be great for both schools, the state of Indiana, and elevate the rivalry to national status not unlike UNC/Duke.  Would also help recruiting.  Just hard to see any downside.

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

ESPN showed him losing it, I wondered if it had anything to do with that!

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Do you have a video? I'd love to see that. 

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

I actually respected Robbie Hummel, now Brian Cardinal, That is a whole different story!

There are two Boilers that I absolutely adored in my lifetime.  Hummel is one, the other is Jerry Sichsting.  Wish they played for us.

I thought Sobbie Hummel was hilarious to be honest. I love HTD's nicknames.  That being said...

Robbie is an excellent color guy...sorry, HTD. I hate the Smellermakers like any good IU fan, but after they are done trying to beat my beloved Hoosiers, I don't have a problem recognizing talent and Hummel has a real talent behind the mic.

Next time I see him doing color though, I know I'm gonna lose it thinking about poor old Sobbie Hummel...too freaking hilarious...

i'm confused about the title as well.  if this is the one that was Purdue, i was doing my best to never post on it because i think it's embarrassing that a thread title Purdue is always so close to the top of our INDIANA message board.  as long as that's not the title, i would like to say that i am thrilled that they didn't even win the conference in the year that people seem to be convinced is their year. 

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm confused about the title as well.  if this is the one that was Purdue, i was doing my best to never post on it because i think it's embarrassing that a thread title Purdue is always so close to the top of our INDIANA message board.  as long as that's not the title, i would like to say that i am thrilled that they didn't even win the conference in the year that people seem to be convinced is their year. 

Pretty sure MSU was picked to win the conference and that proved to be true. 

12 hours ago, rico said:

There are two Boilers that I absolutely adored in my lifetime.  Hummel is one, the other is Jerry Sichsting.  Wish they played for us.

I think Knight has said that not recruiting Jerry Sichting was one of his biggest mistakes (and I'd agree).

Back to the subject at hand: HTD's writing style is classic, reminds me of an old blog called "Cliff Yablonski Hates You".

" HAR-HAR-DE-HAR-HAR " always makes me chuckle.

7 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I think Knight has said that not recruiting Jerry Sichting was one of his biggest mistakes (and I'd agree).

Back to the subject at hand: HTD's writing style is classic, reminds me of an old blog called "Cliff Yablonski Hates You".

" HAR-HAR-DE-HAR-HAR " always makes me chuckle.

VBG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived