HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so fast:: West Virgina had to REPLACE their #3 , #4 , #6 , # 7,  & #9 scorers from last season ! That is 5 of their top 9 scorers from last season that ARE GONE !!  Those 5 players combined to score 37.5 POINTS PER GAME of WVA'a 82 Points per game  ( or NEARLY one/HALF of their scoring from last season ) while pee yew has nearly everyBODY back !! Not such a GREAT WIN FOR PEE YEW , IMHO !!

This so-called "Game" must have been top secret .anyway , since NEITHER web site:: pee yew's nor West Virginia's even mentions such a "Game " ???? Not a single comment from either web site ?? In fact , pee yew's web site stated that their game with Carroll College of MONTANA [lmao] was their FINAL exhibition game this season !! What's up with that ????

8 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

This so-called "Game" must have been top secret .anyway , since NEITHER web site:: pee yew's nor West Virginia's even mentions such a "Game " ???? Not a single comment from either web site ?? In fact , pee yew's web site stated that their game with Carroll College of MONTANA [lmao] was their FINAL exhibition game this season !! What's up with that ????

Because it was a scrimmage and not an exhibition game. I know people were not allowed to watch the scrimmages and I assume it is still that way.

I want to see how those smellermakers do against TENNESSEE on NOV. 22 . IF they beat Tennessee , they earn the right to play VILLANOVA on NOV. 23 rd , and [God forbid] should they beat Villanova , then they earn the right to play an Outstanding Arizona team  on NOV. 24th that was picked # 1 IN THE NATION by Blue Ribbon Sports 2017-2018 College basketball Yearbook ! Then on November 28 the smellermakers get to play LOUISVILLE !Then on Dec. 1, 2017 pee yew has to play AT MARYLAND !! Then on December 3rd. the smellermakers get to play the NORTHWESTERN Wildcats !! I'm a gonna see where the smellermakers AFTER they play SOME good TEAMS IN GAMES THAT actually count !! If pee yew is undefeated after December 3,2017 , I will have died from the SHOCK of it all ,vbg !! pee yew SUCKS !!

8 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I want to see how those smellermakers do against TENNESSEE on NOV. 22 . IF they beat Tennessee , they earn the right to play VILLANOVA on NOV. 23 rd , and [God forbid] should they beat Villanova , then they earn the right to play an Outstanding Arizona team  on NOV. 24th that was picked # 1 IN THE NATION by Blue Ribbon Sports 2017-2018 College basketball Yearbook ! Then on November 28 the smellermakers get to play LOUISVILLE !Then on Dec. 1, 2017 pee yew has to play AT MARYLAND !! Then on December 3rd. the smellermakers get to play the NORTHWESTERN Wildcats !! I'm a gonna see where the smellermakers AFTER they play SOME good TEAMS IN GAMES THAT actually count !! If pee yew is undefeated after December 3,2017 , I will have died from the SHOCK of it all ,vbg !! pee yew SUCKS !!

I think we can all agree that if Purdue can't go undefeated over that stretch they are a disgrace to the state of Indiana. 

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Not so fast:: West Virgina had to REPLACE their #3 , #4 , #6 , # 7,  & #9 scorers from last season ! That is 5 of their top 9 scorers from last season that ARE GONE !!  Those 5 players combined to score 37.5 POINTS PER GAME of WVA'a 82 Points per game  ( or NEARLY one/HALF of their scoring from last season ) while pee yew has nearly everyBODY back !! Not such a GREAT WIN FOR PEE YEW , IMHO !!

Listen, have you looked at the pre-season rankings? West Virginia is #11 in one and #10 in the other.  You ought to know that stuff.  And your opinion means nothing to me, as you lost credibility a long time ago.  This constant hatred of Purdue is wearing thin.  That was a good win for the Boilers, is that so hard to understand?  I give up.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:29 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Every team has to replace scorers. WVU (even though they got whooped last night) was a preseason 10th/11th ranked team and Purdue handled them easily. Does Purdue only get credit for beating teams that didn’t have to replace several scorers? We have to replace a consensus All-American too btw. 

22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Every team has to replace scorers. WVU (even though they got whooped last night) was a preseason 10th/11th ranked team and Purdue handled them easily. Does Purdue only get credit for beating teams that didn’t have to replace several scorers? We have to replace a consensus All-American too btw. 

Damn right......and to be honest a NPOY.  The Boilers will over come.

What you lose year over year is not the question and is fallacious thinking.  The question is who you have now.  It doesn’t matter who you had last year.

It is a coach’s job to plan his roster out over a multi-year period.  Wisconsin has been masterful at this.  That’s why they had their run of top 4 finishes.  

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

But do you have an example of something he said that you thought was over the line?

How many do you need?  Listen, I know this is an IU site.  And I am an IU fan or I wouldn't be here.  Spewing venom very seldom works.  As my Mom told me....."If you don't have anything good to say about someone, then say nothing at all.".

22 minutes ago, rico said:

How many do you need?  Listen, I know this is an IU site.  And I am an IU fan or I wouldn't be here.  Spewing venom very seldom works.  As my Mom told me....."If you don't have anything good to say about someone, then say nothing at all.".

I get that he likes to talk crap about them and that apparently bothers you, I just don't really see him say anything that is over the line.  HTD seems pretty harmless with his Purdue ramblings to me

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I get that he likes to talk crap about them and that apparently bothers you, I just don't really see him say anything that is over the line.  HTD seems pretty harmless with his Purdue ramblings to me

To each their own.

Purdue is really good and very well constructed.  They have balance.  They’ve got two impact players and a number of nice complementary pieces.  They’re strong inside and out.  They have shooters, drivers, and long guys inside.  They have a chance to be strong defensively inside and on the perimeter.  I think they will give MSU all they can handle and I think could win the B1G.  What the heck, I will pick PU to win the conference based on experience. 

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Purdue is really good and very well constructed.  They have balance.  They’ve got two impact players and a number of nice complementary pieces.  They’re strong inside and out.  They have shooters, drivers, and long guys inside.  They have a chance to be strong defensively inside and on the perimeter.  I think they will give MSU all they can handle and I think could win the B1G.  What the heck, I will pick PU to win the conference based on experience. 

Works for me! I’ve been pleasantly surprised with Matt Haarms to be honest. 7’3 guy who can take it to the rim which isn’t something you’d expect for a guy that size. 

Archived