HTD's favorite topic

rico

7 minutes ago, rico said:

This Purdue team is not like any other that I have seen in my lifetime.  I know they lost Caleb from last year.  But I feel they are gelling together.  And they got playmakers, and they play as a team.  I like what I see.

The combination of adding Eastern and C Edward's increased production, I think, will surpass Biggie's contributions. Add Haarms off the bench who no one knew would be this good (still want to see him play against a legit big man) and they are a legit contender and much better than last year. Given their off conference schedule, if they can get hot during BigTen play they will be a 3 seed at worst. It's not to say they wont run up against a better team in the sweet 16 and/or Painter will screw it up somehow but this is the best all around Purdue team since the baby boiler days with Hummel and Moore. If C Edwards keeps up this production he'll be a 1st round pick next year so enjoy him while you can. Next year Painter may have his work cut out for him.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

The combination of adding Eastern and C Edward's increased production, I think, will surpass Biggie's contributions. Add Haarms off the bench who no one knew would be this good (still want to see him play against a legit big man) and they are a legit contender and much better than last year. Given their off conference schedule, if they can get hot during BigTen play they will be a 3 seed at worst. It's not to say they wont run up against a better team in the sweet 16 and/or Painter will screw it up somehow but this is the best all around Purdue team since the baby boiler days with Hummel and Moore. If C Edwards keeps up this production he'll be a 1st round pick next year so enjoy him while you can. Next year Painter may have his work cut out for him.

Spot on.  And any true IU fan knows basketball.

26 minutes ago, rico said:

This Purdue team is not like any other that I have seen in my lifetime.  I know they lost Caleb from last year.  But I feel they are gelling together.  And they got playmakers, and they play as a team.  I like what I see.

I'll give them grudging respect for having a solid team, but there's nothing I like about the toiletmakers when their fans constantly refer to IU fans as trailer dwellers and other similar derogatory terms.  For that, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to see HTD speak in all manner of derogatory terms about them. Yeah, he's probably a tad over the top in underestimating their abilities this year, but I can attribute that to extreme anti-Toiletmaker bias.  You won't see me defending a rival. More likely, I'll just skim past any ridiculous ramblings I see without comment and let the man have his opinions.

The disrespect is mutual. It's what rivalries are built on.

32 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

And?

Inexcusable loss. Before that loss I think Purdue had the longest active streak of winning the 1st game in the tournament. Something like 10 in a row maybe? But yeah horrible loss. Cincinnati the next year was just as bad especially since I saw it in person at the Yum Center. 

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'll give them grudging respect for having a solid team, but there's nothing I like about the toiletmakers when their fans constantly refer to IU fans as trailer dwellers and other similar derogatory terms.  For that, it doesn't bother me in the slightest to see HTD speak in all manner of derogatory terms about them. Yeah, he's probably a tad over the top in underestimating their abilities this year, but I can attribute that to extreme anti-Toiletmaker bias.  You won't see me defending a rival. More likely, I'll just skim past any ridiculous ramblings I see without comment and let the man have his opinions.

The disrespect is mutual. It's what rivalries are built on.

Spot on.  Yeah, HTD can be over the top but so what? It's an IU board and the man takes the bus to the library to post.  If he wants to bash Purdue a little too much, let him.  I hope when I'm his age I still care that much. 

It seems that some people have a hard time comprehending the meaning of my posts !! So- I'll try to simplify it for those of you who fall in this category !1  First of all. pee yew has a good team team !1 I am not that stupid that I can't admit that !! However , I think there are MANY D1 teams that ARE AS GOOD AS pee yew ( OR BETTER THAN pee yew this season!) !!

Based on SEVEN DECADES of following COLLEGE Hoops , I think  that I can spot a  really GOOD team !! I believe there are at least 50 other D1 teams AS GOOD AS pee yew !! I further believe that there are at least 25 D1 teams that are BETTER than pee yew !! Here are the teams that i've already seen that are as good [or BETTER] than pee yew this season ( IN MY HONEST OPINION)[ these are all teams that I have seen play so far this season] Duke , Notre Dame , Baylor , Arizona , Oregon ,Kentucky , Minnesota , Providence , Duke , Michigan State , and Kansas !! Those are just the teams that I have seen play already !! (and YES , I watched pee yew destroy that powerhouse Carroll , Montana vbg !! ) pee yew has yet to play any of those 11 teams that I mentioned !! Until they [pee yew ] shows me that they can beat teams of this caliber consistently THIS SEASON  , I'm gonna say this " pee yew is OVERRATED !!!!!!!! ) IN MY HONEST OPINION !!

19 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

It seems that some people have a hard time comprehending the meaning of my posts !! So- I'll try to simplify it for those of you who fall in this category !1  First of all. pee yew has a good team team !1 I am not that stupid that I can't admit that !! However , I think there are MANY D1 teams that ARE AS GOOD AS pee yew !! Also , i believe (based on SEVEN DECADES of following Hoops) that I can spot a  really GOOD team !! I believe there are at least 50 other D1 teams AS GOOD AS pee yew !! I further believe thayt there are at least 25 D1 teams that are BETTER than pee yew !! Here are the teams that i've already seen that are as good [or BETTER] than pee yew this season ~!!! Duke ,Notre Dame , Baylor , Arizona , Oregon ,Kentucky , Minnesota , Providence , Duke , Michigan State , and Kansas !! Those are just the teams that I have seen play already !! (and YES , I watched pee yew destroy that powwerhouse Carroll , Montan ,vbg !! ) pee yew has yet to play any of those 11 teams that I mentioned !! Until they [pee yew ] shows me that they can beat teams of this caliber consistently THIS SEASON  , I'm gonna say this " pee yew is OVERRATED !!!!!!!! )

It’s funny that you claim Purdue is overrated. We are 19th, bring back 4 starters, have had two blowouts and a 15 point road win against an NCAA tournament team. How exactly is Purdue overrated? I think they’re rated as they should be. Neither overrated nor underrated. 

I love your fire, man...but I suspect they would beat several teams on that list.  No, probably not Duke, pUKE, Michigan State or Kansas, but I see several there I think Pee YEW(!) could stay with.  No...they're probably not top ten at this point, but I think they are top 25 and would not be surprised to see them move up. They've got a ton of experience and good size and athleticism.  I hope they suck too, but I don't expect it.

In today's UPDATED and  CURRENT RPI rankings ( which some people seem to consider as being  very important ) pee yew is only rated 59 th.  while MARQUETTE is ONLY ranked 90 th. !!  Apparently those who put out the RPI RANKINGS are not all that IMPRESSED with pee yew , either at this point in time !!

In my SEVEN Decades of following college hoops , pee yew has NEVER been able to win that much against REALLY GOOD TEAMS !! I seem to recall that the only time pee yew reached the championship game of the NCAA TOURNAMENT . THEY GOT THEIR ARSES KICKED BY TWENTY POINTS !!

Stlboiler :: I can see that it doesn't take much to please YOU !! A win over the 90th RANKED RPI team )( THIS SEASON )!! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !! What he heck does last season have to do with this season?? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !! pee yew has not proven anything [this season] without  a QUALITY WIN against a TOP 25 rated team ! 

22 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Stlboiler :: I can see that it doesn't take much to please YOU !! A win over the 90th RANKED RPI team )( THIS SEASON )!! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !! What he heck does last season have to do with this season?? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !! pee yew has not proven anything [this season] without  a QUALITY WIN against a TOP 25 rated team ! 

You were the one telling us how good Marquette was.  You can't have it both ways.

UPSETS HSAPPEN -baby VBG !! I never  EVER said that I thought Marquette was really that good this season !! I think I said i want to see if pee yew can win at Marquette ! Well , they did beat a Marquette tema that is currently only ranked # 90 in the CURRENT RPI Rankings 11 SO-BIG DEAL !! They [ pee yew's smellermakers  ] still have yet to WIN A GAME against a TOP 25 ranked team  THIS SEASON !! KEEP watching !! pee you will get a chance versus Villanova and/or Arizona ( if they get by 3 & 0 Tennessee) in the battle for Atlantis which starts in only 8 mmore DAYS !! I can Hardly wairt !!!

Actually , Tennessee's win at Clemson was a charity BENEFIT game that does not count in the regular season won-loss total !1 So-Both Tennessee and Clemson are 2 & 0 in regular season games ! (And -I think CLEMSON is BETTER than Marquette , for what that is worth ) !! Counting that Clemson Charity game , Tennessee is averaging scoring 81 points per game for 3 games vs D1 opponents this season while only giving up 57 and 2/3rds. pts. per game !! This should be interesting watching The Volunteers versus pee yew !!??

P.S. Marquette only has 6 players on their roster that are 6'7" tall or taller !! THREE of them did NOT even play versus pee yew !! 6^'7" Nebraska Transfer - Ed Morrow did not play versus pee yew !! 6'9" Freshman IKE EKE did NOT play versus pee yew ! And 6'10'"Harry Frohling did NOT play versus pee yew ! So-Only ONE HALF of Marquette's 6 BIGS even played versus pee yew !! Marquette did have TWO GUARDS who combined to score 49 POINTS VERSUS pee yew !!

Archived