HTD's favorite topic

rico

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Well they are sitting at #12 and #13 in the polls.  They should be in the Top Ten come next week.  

True. I think they’ve proven (so far) that there wouldn’t be a huge drop off after Biggie left. Mathias, both Edwards, and Haas have been playing great. But the most surprising to me? Matt Haarms. Guy was a complete unknown and he’s been absolutely huge for us. 6 ppg, 4 rpg, and 3 bpg while playing great defense? Never would have guessed that. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

True. I think they’ve proven (so far) that there wouldn’t be a huge drop off after Biggie left. Mathias, both Edwards, and Haas have been playing great. But the most surprising to me? Matt Haarms. Guy was a complete unknown and he’s been absolutely huge for us. 6 ppg, 4 rpg, and 3 bpg while playing great defense? Never would have guessed that. 

They are definitely a well rounded bunch.  

I can hardly wait until pee yew actually plays Michigan State and some of their TOUGHER BIG TEN ROAD GAMES !! Such as : 

1. Jan. 9 2018 @ Michigan ,

2. Jan.28-2018 at IU [ Don't laugh! You can bet IU and the IU crowd will be UP for this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

3. Feb. 10 -2018 AT MICHIGAN STATE

4. Feb 15, 2018 AT WISCONSIN ( The Badgers are 8 & 1 AT HOME !!!)

8 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I can hardly wait until pee yew actually plays Michigan State and some of their TOUGHER BIG TEN ROAD GAMES !! Such as : 

2. Jan.28-2018 at IU [ Don't laugh! You can bet IU and the IU crowd will be UP for this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Aren't you the guy that thought Purdue would get beat by Marquette?  The Boilers crushed them at Marquette.  The same Marquette team squashed the Badgers in Madison.......Better check your info on Wisconsin.  

47 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Actually Wisc is 8-3 at home.  They lost to Marquette, OSU, and UCLA at home

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

man, i thought i was getting old.  are you talking Joe Barry Carroll and older?

They have made it to the Elite 8 2 times after Joe Barry.  '94 and '00.  That is 1 more than us in that time frame.  And you were saying?

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

We already won at Maryland. I’d argue that’s the second toughest road game we’ll have all year after Michigan State. 

Purdue is obviously a very good team. No question. But guys like Cal, Izzo, K,etc....get the benefit of the doubt on talking Final 4 runs. And of course they never breathe a word of it. To say Painter's track record (injury or not) isn't in play here is foolish. As I said earlier. 2 tourney wins in 5 or 6 years. Now it's Final 4 time? Comical.

Archived