HTD's favorite topic

rico

7 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

OK !! PU SUCKS! Wait until they play in the Batttle for Atlantis     !! Then we will find out some more about 'em !!!

The beauty about this HTD  - if not this year, then definitely starting next year - we will be beating PU every single year.  Along with Louisville, Notre Dame/Butler etc....Archie is a STUD 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking forward to seeing pee yew play ON THE ROAD at Marquette on November 14 ,2017 ! Marquette won 19 games last year and is coached by a  former Duke guard  , Steve Wojciechowski  !!! Marquette returns their #1 , #3 , #5 , & # 6 scorers from last season !! They have the size at 6'11" 250 pounds , 6'10" 245 pounds,  , 6'9"  245 pounds , 6'9" 225 pounds , 6'8" 225 pounds , and 6/7" 190 pounds  to compete with the smellermakers ,imho !!!!!   Go Marquette- Beat the Smellermakers !!!!

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

The beauty about this HTD  - if not this year, then definitely starting next year - we will be beating PU every single year.  Along with Louisville, Notre Dame/Butler etc....Archie is a STUD 

Here’s my question for you: you’ve never had a long winning streak against us in basketball where you dominated the series. Why will that change now? Purdue has always held their own against IU. 

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Here’s my question for you: you’ve never had a long winning streak against us in basketball where you dominated the series. Why will that change now? Purdue has always held their own against IU. 

What do you define as "a long streak".....beginning with the game in February of 2000 IU beat Purdue 11-13 times over the course of 8 seasons....while I'll concede that the longest "streak" of that period was 5 in a row I think it's more about wins in any particular era rather than how many times in a row a team can win. If Archie goes 17-20 against Purdue but those three losses are evenly spread out to the point where he never wins more than 5-6 in a row I don't think anyone would say "Archie and IU didn't dominate Purdue because he never got 10+ straight wins" or something to that effect. IU absolutely dominated the series from 2000-2008. 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

What do you define as "a long streak".....beginning with the game in February of 2000 IU beat Purdue 11-13 times over the course of 8 seasons....while I'll concede that the longest "streak" of that period was 5 in a row I think it's more about wins in any particular era rather than how many times in a row a team can win. If Archie goes 17-20 against Purdue but those three losses are evenly spread out to the point where he never wins more than 5-6 in a row I don't think anyone would say "Archie and IU didn't dominate Purdue because he never got 10+ straight wins" or something to that effect. IU absolutely dominated the series from 2000-2008. 

That’s fair. I was looking at the Knight/Keady era when it was always competitive. Don’t think we’d see 17 out of 20 anytime soon haha. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s fair. I was looking at the Knight/Keady era when it was always competitive. Don’t think we’d see 17 out of 20 anytime soon haha. 

I don't either, even if Archie can dominate recruiting....there's too much talent available even if Painter is the worst recruiter in the league, he still finds grad transfers and the occasional Ft Wayne prospect like Biggie. Keady always surrounded himself with guys who were smarter than he was on the x's & o's side and wasn't afraid to mold his strategies to his teams' strengths where as Knight was who he was and it was his way or the highway no matter who was on his team or who they were playing against, which allowed Purdue to win a lot of games they probably shouldn't have during that era. I'd be curious to know how many times Knight's IU teams went in as the favorite against Keady's Purdue teams and lost.

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don't think 17 out of 20 either, but I could see 14 out of 20 -- especially if we continue to have momentum in recruiting.  

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I am looking forward to seeing pee yew play ON THE ROAD at Marquette on November 14 ,2017 ! Marquette won 19 games last year and is coached by a  former Duke guard  , Steve Wojciechowski  !!! Marquette returns their #1 , #3 , #5 , & # 6 scorers from last season !! They have the size at 6'11" 250 pounds , 6'10" 245 pounds,  , 6'9"  245 pounds , 6'9" 225 pounds , 6'8" 225 pounds , and 6/7" 190 pounds  to compete with the smellermakers ,imho !!!!!   Go Marquette- Beat the Smellermakers !!!!

If Marquette is so good why didn't they get any votes in the preseason polls?

On 10/31/2017 at 3:13 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like we will still have a really solid team. I really like what I’ve seen from Matt Haarms. He’ll be the back-up for Haas and he’s 7’3 but is very athletic and can shoot. He has impressed so far. I think Carsen is going to have a breakout year and the senior class (Mathis, V Edwards, Haas, and P.J.) will all have good years too. Excited for the season to start. 

Good lord, where do you find all these giants lol. It's like you guys are turning into Wisconsin South.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think PU will be tough this year and wouldn't be shocked to see them nab a seed higher than 5. Carsen is a handful (which was evident in his high school footage; not sure how he flew under the radar), I've been impressed with Mathias in the games I've seen, Edwards has the tools to make it to the draft if he can develop consistency, and Haas would dominate if he stopped playing so soft. Plus, I think I read somewhere that Purdue returns the most production of all the teams in last year's tournament.

As of right now, I'm expecting PU to sweep us...and I HATE it.

3 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Good lord, where do you find all these giants lol. It's like you guys are turning into Wisconsin South.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think PU will be tough this year and wouldn't be shocked to see them nab a seed higher than 5. Carsen is a handful (which was evident in his high school footage; not sure how he flew under the radar), I've been impressed with Mathias in the games I've seen, Edwards has the tools to make it to the draft if he can develop consistency, and Haas would dominate if he stopped playing so soft. Plus, I think I read somewhere that Purdue returns the most production of all the teams in last year's tournament.

As of right now, I'm expecting PU to sweep us...and I HATE it.

Sweep? Don’t we only play once this year? 

I went back and looked up something that I was curious about.  I wanted to see how the Boilers did against us from '73-'76.  The years where we won 4 consecutive Big 10 conference titles.  During those years we played a total of 7 times.  With us being 6-1.  However, the games were always close.  

For that streak to be before the Knight era makes it even funnier to me.  I don't expect that kind of domination going forward, but I do expect Archie to flip the script and have a winning record against Purdue. Rivalry will mean that many games are much closer than they should be, but I'm ready for Purdue to look like the little brother they are.  Maybe not this year, but it's coming...

Archived