HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder how many teams have won as many games as Purdue did to start conference play yet failed to win even a share of the title. We can always count on the Smellermakers to screw something up.

My guess is Sparty, '15-16..........just a few years back.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder how many teams have won as many games as Purdue did to start conference play yet failed to win even a share of the title. We can always count on the Smellermakers to screw something up.

MSU was always right there. Not crazy that they ended up on top. Not sure if it’s happened before but it’s over now. Have to focus on the rest of the season now. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

MSU was always right there. Not crazy that they ended up on top. Not sure if it’s happened before but it’s over now. Have to focus on the rest of the season now. 

I doubt it has happened before but that has more to do with it being really rare for a team to win 12 straight to start conference play than it does Purdue having some epic collapse. 

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I doubt it has happened before but that has more to do with it being really rare for a team to win 12 straight to start conference play than it does Purdue having some epic collapse. 

Agreed. Wasn’t it Iowa a few years back that had a big lead in the conference late in the year and blew it? That was bad. 

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It wasn't a big lead, we won the conference by two games total and three over Iowa.  They collapsed I guess, but we also were clearly the best team that year. 

Yeah looks like Iowa and IU were neck and neck and then they collapsed. I remember them doing poorly at the end. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah looks like Iowa and IU were neck and neck and then they collapsed. I remember them doing poorly at the end. 

Yeah that sounds right going off of memory.  I do remember Yogi hit a dagger in Iowa late in the season that may have ended up clinching the crown. 

TOP of the World MA ( VBG) !! The peeyew smellermakers did not only NOT WIN the B10 Title outright ,  THEY DIDN'T EVEN GET A SHARE OF THE BIG TEN TITLE  LMAO-LMAO-LMAO !! IN FACT the smellermakers  ONLY GOT A NUMBER THREE SEED IN THE BIG TEN POST SEASON TOURNAMENT   !! LMAO-LMAO-LMAO !! Soon we will see those turkies LOSE in THE B10 Tournament and then in the NCAA TOURNAMENT !! Then Sobbie Hummel can go home and cry in his root beer because those AMAZING FOUR ALLEGED ALL AMERICAN SENIORS for the smellermakers couldn't GET THE JOB DONE !!!

28 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

TOP of the World MA ( VBG) !! The peeyew smellermakers did not only NOT WIN the B10 Title outright ,  THE DIDN'T EVEN GET A SHARE OF THE BIG TEN TITLE  LMAO-LMAO-LMAO !! IN FACT the smellermakers  ONLY GOT A NUMBER THREE SEED IN THE BIG TEN POST SEASON TOURNAMENT   !! LMAO-LMAO-LMAO !! Soon we will see those turkies LOSE in THE b10 Tournament and then in the NCAA TOURNAMENT !! Then Sobbie Hummel can go home and cry in his root beer because those AMAZING FOUR ALLEGED ALL AMERICAN SENIORS for the smellermakers couldn't GET THE JOB DONE !!!

What does Hummel have to do with it?

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What does Hummel have to do with it?

Doesn't matter...and I love Hummel as a color guy but I was actually laughing out loud as I read "Sobbie Hummel" in that post.  That you expect HTD or most of us Smellermaker haters to be fair and balanced about your beloved Toiletmakers is comical in and of itself.  I would say that Purdon't gets more benefit of the doubt here than IU gets on GBI, but just by a little. 

You're polite because you understand this is an IU forum.  I would act likewise if I decided to post in a Purdue forum.  You really shouldn't expect to see much Smellermaker love here.  That's what rivalries are all about.

Archived